Department of Materials Science
44 (0) 1509223337
44 (0) 1509223949
- Polyurethane technology. Reaction processing. Epoxides. Recycling.
- Polymer surface and interface science and technology.
- Leather and gelatine products.
- Materials for rapid manufacture.
Dick spent 15 years in industry in senior technical managerial positions in R&D and production development. He has spent over 25 years as an academic, teaching and researching polymers at Loughborough.
- MSc 1973
- PhD 1977
- MIMM 1995
- CS 2005
- Y. Di, R.J. Heath, A. Long and K. Hartnung, ''Comparison of the Tanning Abilities of some Epoxides and Aldehydic Compounds'', Journal of the Society of Leather Technologists and Chemists, 90, May 2006
- L. Hao, M. M. Savalani, Y. Zhang, K. E. Tanner, R. J. Heath and R. A. Harris, ''Characterisation of Selective Laser Sintered Hydroxyapatite Based Biocomposite Structure'', Proceedings of the Royal Society, Series A: Mathematical, Physical & Engineering Sciences, 463(2084), August 2007
- D. Ying, R. J. Heath, “Collagen Stabilisation by TEAC Polymer Degradation and Stability”, July 2009 (electronic), in press.
- D. Bunyan, R. J. Heath, J. R. Tyrer, “Investigation into the effects of Powder Particle Size on the Resulting Degree of Fusion of Selective Laser Sintered Polymers”, 28th International Congress: Applications of Lasers and Electro-optics, Orlando, Florida, Nov 2009.