Contract R&D Manager
44 (1782) 764404
44 (1782) 412331
Click here to visit Web Site
I have over 20 years experience in engineering materials, product development and project management.
I am also experienced in the preparation of publicly funded projects.
The scope of my materials expertise includes metal, ceramics and glasses, particularly:
- Materials and component design
- Characterisation and testing
- CAD/CAM product development techniques
- Joining processes
- High Temperature batteries
- Oxidation and corrosion mechanisms
Developments on which I have worked include:
- Novel metal/ceramic seals
- Glass sealants for ceramics
- Rapid prototyping of ceramics
- Rapid tooling for ceramic manufacture
- Selection of corrosion resistant components for battery systems
BSc (Hons) Materials Science and Technology
MSc Oxidation mechanisms
Professional Institution Membership
Memeber of the Institute of Materials.
Significant Employment History
18 years at Silent Power developing high temperature batteries.
3 years at TWI
4 years at CERAM
Confidential advice, consultancy and project development work on advanced materials, product development and component design.
Fee Charging structure and rates
I answer questions that take less than 10 minutes for free. If further work is likely to be of benefit, I will assist you to scope and define this and give an indication of CERAM's fees to carry out this work.
Availability and preferred contact route
I can be contacted by phone, fax or e-mail. I will try to respond to an initial e-mail within 24 hours.
Current availability status