Over 8,000 postcards were mailed in December, inviting engineers, manufacturers, technicians, designers, and industry leaders to an all-day technical experience at Stork Materials Testing & Inspection in Rancho Dominguez on March 12. The event, which begins with lunch and ends with a happy hour at the southern California facility, features 12 technical seminars to be presented throughout the afternoon.
Stork labs provide materials & product testing for West Coast industries
"Our four California labs serve all the major aerospace and defense companies on the West Coast, as well as automotive, telecommunications, power and petroleum," said General Manager Larry Culbertson. "We decided it was time to celebrate southern California innovation and economic recovery by treating our friends and clients to a day of full-immersion workshops and networking relevant to their industries.
"Stork Garwood in Pico Rivera/San Clemente, SMT&I in Huntington Beach and Rancho Dominguez are the hosts for Technology Day, with additional help from Stork East-West Technology in Florida. The labs have a broad range of expertise to share; our NDT experts, failure analysts, chemists, Lean/Six Sigma experts have arranged Technology Day 2010 to have presentations for everyone."
Technical workshops and demonstrations + food + fun
A sampling of the day's events:
- Catered lunch at 11:00 for all guests
- Over a dozen technical presentations, including . . .
- "Design Tips & Tricks for EMI Compliance," by Chuck Hubbard, President and Design Consultant of Creative Data Devices
- "A Practical Guide to Failure Analysis ," by Hugo Menendez, Stork Failure Analyst
- "Fracture Toughness Testing," by Terry Pitchford, Dynamics Testing Dept. Manager
- Various testing demonstrations, including Lightning Testing, Ultrasonic Inspection and other nondestructive testing methods, PMI (positive material identification) and many more
- Happy hour and entertainment from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
The Technology Day agenda, including presentation times and abstracts, is available online at www.storksmt.com/TechnologyDay.
There is no cost to attend Technology Day on March 12, but guests must register; space is limited. Register online and choose the seminars that interest you. For questions, please contact [email protected].