Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (GPI), a subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), today announced that it will be an exhibitor at the Pack Expo 2010 tradeshow, sponsored by PMMI (Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute), and held at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, October 31 through November 3, 2010.
"Innovations that work for you: improved sustainability, reduced cost and increased revenue" is the 2010 theme for GPI's expansive exhibit at Pack Expo.
And that's exactly what visitors to booth S-1533 will find on display as the company showcases some of the most innovative packaging and machinery solutions available in the world today to effectively address challenges such as barrier control, interactive packaging, microwave packaging, distinctive label application, package strength, and automating packaging lines.
"Pack Expo has a rich history of bringing together industry leaders from around the globe to share the best and brightest packaging ideas – and in this tradition, we're bringing together proven new solutions that can help consumer brand manufacturers build both sales and customer loyalty," said John Best, GPI's Vice President, Business Development.
Some examples of what GPI plans to showcase at Pack Expo 2010:
- Global Beverage Solution -- Graphic Packaging has been providing integrated multi-pack solutions for leading beverage brands around the world for more than 50 years. The company delivers proven, powerful performance at each step of a beverage customer's packaging value chain.
On display will be a range of proven carton designs and GPI's latest paperboard package design innovations, along with equipment to multi-pack for Soft Drinks, Beer, Energy/Specialty Beverages and more. Whether customers choose GPI's total system solution or selected parts, they will find the company really does package results in every area of the beverage marketplace.
GPI's innovative paperboard designs deliver economic value, convenience and brand building – as demonstrated by the e-PAK collection, such as EZ-Pad for bulk bottled water package; CAP-IT™, a more sustainable multi-pack for plastic bottles; and more innovative packaging solutions.
- Barrier Control – A complete line of rigid and flexible barrier packaging that protects against moisture, oxygen, and grease delivering unmatched product shelf-life and quality. All in standout graphics and in a sustainable package.
Featured products at Pack Expo will include:
- Integrapak – "right-sized" bag and box replacement cartons
- Hybrid multi-wall bags – eliminate one ply of paper for a simplified structure
- Interactive Packaging – Graphic Packaging will be demonstrating new interactive packaging technologies that can help a brand:
- leverage emerging technologies to create on-shelf differentiation
- use the package to engage the consumer in "real time" in a way that increases brand equity
- make the package a key component of integrated marketing
- Microwave Packaging – As the unquestioned industry leader in microwave active packaging, Graphic Packaging will have on display its entire line of NextWave™ packaging – and will be cooking up great foods for booth visitors, including appetizers, snacks, and complete meals.
- Distinctive Label Application – On display will be the new DI-NA-CAL® Model 720 Servo Heat Transfer Decorating Machine. Graphic Packaging is the leading manufacturer of DI-NA-CAL printed Heat Transfer Labels, which can be applied automatically to a variety of plastic container shapes, at a wide range of production speeds, to achieve strong shelf impact.
The DI-NA-CAL technology, which features bold and crisp gravure and flexo printing now marks a revolutionary breakthrough with its variable digital printing option for short runs. Other sustainable label options available are water resistant, metalized film, and insulated formats.
- Strength – On exhibit will be a series of paperboard cartons that have been engineered to increase strength while minimizing or eliminating the need for secondary packaging. Also highlighted will be various options for retail-ready and shelf-ready packaging that is increasingly in demand by retail and club stores.
- Machinery – Five innovative machines will be on display from the company's Minnesota Automation product line; the leader in custom engineered solutions such as placers, tray denesters, hand tag applicators, onserters, clamshell labeling equipment and sleevers.
On display for the first time in Chicago will be the ElastiTag® Applicator, which has been developed by Graphic Packaging in collaboration with Bedford Industries of Minnesota and allows ElastiTag® hang tags to be applied easily, quickly, and cost-effectively to any necked bottle, can, or container at speeds of up to 450 tags per minute.
This is the only machine that can automatically apply the ElastiTag® hang tags, which are proven to be an effective consumer motivator at point-of-purchase for promotions and coupons.
Also being demonstrated will be a family of reciprocating and rotary placers as they pick and place microwave paperboard bowls, plastic clamshell trays, and CR80 cards in a random infeed application and a bar code verification machine.
"Some of what visitors will see at our booth is revolutionary, while other items are evolutionary," explained Best. "But all the solutions on display have the same thing in common – they've been carefully designed to help manufacturers and retailers build sales, and/or reduce cost one package at a time."