As Shanghai hosts the World Expo 2010, DuPont innovations are there to deliver improved energy solutions, safeguard buildings and provide versatile and creative design options for interior design, among other benefits.
With the theme of “Better City, Better Life,” the World Expo 2010 highlights mankind’s vision for the future urban environment. DuPont, one of the sponsors of the U.S. pavilion, showcases how innovative products can contribute in everyday lives.
“DuPont’s market-driven innovation is helping to enable a more sustainable future for urban societies,” said Douglas Muzyka – president DuPont Greater China. “Our innovations deliver benefits that reduce dependence on fossil fuels and protect people and the environment.”
In addition to the U.S. pavilion, DuPont products also are featured in different pavilions. These products include:
- DuPont Apollo thin-film photovoltaic modules are used for commercial rooftop and large-scale applications. The solar modules can generate more wattage output under diffuse lighting conditions and consume only about 1/200 the silicon of traditional crystalline silicon solar cells, resulting in shorter energy payback times.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Weatherization Systems are part of a system created to seal buildings from the inside and out. Tyvek® is an Energy Star partner that helps enhance the energy efficiency, indoor air quality and overall comfort of a home or commercial building. Tyvek®, which combines properties of paper, film and fabric, also is an ideal choice for reusable bags by environmentally conscious customers.
- DuPont™ Energain® decreases the amount of energy used in a building by controlling temperature levels and thus reducing the need for cooling and heating. The result is major cost savings and reduced carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.
- DuPont™ Sorona® renewably sourced polymers are made partially with agricultural feedstocks instead of petrochemicals, thus reducing dependence on oil. In addition to fibers and fabrics, Sorona® can be used in films, filaments, engineering resins and other applications. Sorona® contains 37 percent renewably sourced ingredients by weight.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces, made from natural minerals and high-performance acrylic, are non-porous, helping to resist stains and growth of bacteria. Available in more than 100 colors and all fulfilling the U.S. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 51, Corian® is safe for food contact.
- DuPont™ SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayers help create lighter, safer, more structural glass that can stand up to greater loads and higher threat levels.
- DuPont™ Teflon® FEP anti-flammable cable provides excellent fire resistance characteristics without producing toxic smoke in the event of fire, thus gaining valuable time for evacuation of personnel. In addition, it can be recycled.