Zygo Corporation today announced the Nexview™ profiler, its next-generation 3D imaging and measurement system for rapid, precise, quantitative, and interactive surface metrology. This new system for both the production and scientific research markets is an all-new flagship product from an industry-leading surface metrology systems company.
The Nexview profiler is optimized for noncontact surface metrology of an extensive variety of samples and surfaces from the very smooth to the very rough.With sub-nanometer vertical resolution at all magnifications, metrologists need not sacrifice precision for changes in field of view. Using noncontact 3D technology, thesystem will safely measure fragile and transparent materials without altering the test surface. Its high speed performance, even on steep slopes up to 85 degrees, lets Nexview save time compared to magnification dependent technologies.
Making the most of multiple technological advances, the Nexview profiler and its Mx™ software package produce extremely high fidelity surface topography maps for measuring roughness, flatness, angles, films, steps, and more. This new software platform acts as a simple to use and learn single interface for system control and data analysis, providing rich interactive 3D maps, quantitative topography information, and intuitive measurement navigation. Key features of the new system are:
- Sub-nanometer vertical resolution independent of magnification, for all measurement ranges.
- Robust performance, even in less than ideal vibration environments, using innovative, patented SureScan™ technology.
- Scanner-based crash protection to reduce the chance of costly repairs from accidental objective lens crashes.
- Unique through-the-lens focus aid simplifies part setup even on smooth and featureless samples.
- Fully automated XYZ and Tilt staging with seamless measurement field stitching are standard.
- Zygo’s new Mx software platform offers simple workflow based setup and measurements including the Advanced Analysis Tool pop-out data viewer.
- ISO 25178 standard surface topography results.
- Large sample capacity with 200mm XY travel stage capable of 20lb parts, a vertical travel of 100mm, and an integrated head riser which provides the ability to accommodate samples up to 160mm tall.
With simple software application recipes, a wide range of objective magnifications, and convenient automation setup built-in, Nexview supports multiple parts and setups. Recipe changes are quick and easy; with new recipes typically taking only minutes to configure. Additionally, specialized software modules for measurement in the presence of transparent films and 2D vision analysis are available for expanded functionality.
As a new concept in surface mapping, Nexview represents a substantial improvement over existing measurement offerings. These advantages earn its position as the “one tool for all surfaces, without compromise.” More information is available at: http://www.zygo.com/nx