Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Flip-Chip Technologies and Global Markets
Flip chip technology has enabled electronics technology to reach new levels of performance, while fueling the growth of global markets for semiconductors, electronic devices and a host of industrial and consumer products.This market research report examines, quantifies and forecasts the growth of flip chip technologies and provides guidance to interested parties.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Analysis of flip chip technology market trends and dynamics, including the factors currently driving and restraining the growth of the market as well as their impact over the long term.
- Opportunities and innovation-driven flip chip market highlights and the major regions and countries involved in such developments.
- Analysis of the various applications of the flip chip market and market dynamics of each application.
- Identifying segments with high growth prospects with a discussion of future applications within each segment.
- Key trends related to the product, technology, prices and applications that shape and influence the flip chip market.
- Region-specific developments and distinctive characteristics.
- The major stakeholders in the market and the competitive landscape.
- Analysis of the key growth strategies of key players in the flip chip market.
- Patent analysis where relevant.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
In recent years, the growth of flip chip interconnect technology over other interconnect technologies has been remarkable. This is due to the increasing complexity of the architecture of chip design and fabrication. Increased demand for small-size chips ranging from around 12 mm to 35 mm chipsets has increased the market. This study defines the scope of flip chips with a segmental analysis such as by application and end user, helping the reader gain knowledge about technological as well as analytical aspects of the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The market for flip chip technology is segmented into following categories:
- Wafer bumping process:
- Copper (Cu) pillar.
- Lead (Pb)-free solder.
- Tin-lead (Sn-Pb) eutectic solder.
- Gold stud + plated solder.
- Application area:
- 2D logic system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- Memoryo Imaging, high-brightness light-emitting diode (HB-LED) small logico RF, power, analog and mixed signal ICs.
- µ-bumping for 2.5D/3D system-in-package/system-on-a-chip (SiP/SoC).
- End use:
- Desktop CPUs.
- GPUs and chipsets.
- Other computing devices.
- Medical devices.
- Smart technologies.
- High-performance/industrial applications.
- Geographical regions:
- North America (the U.S., Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Italy, France, Germany, U.K. and other countries).
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India and other countries).
- ROW (Middle East and Africa).
This report also provides a competitive analysis of the industry, a patent analysis and a chapter including company profiles.
- End-user companies.
- Raw material providers.
- Players involve in testing phase.
- Investors (private equity, venture capital, etc.).
BCC Research conducted primary and secondary research to develop this report including:
- Primary sources:
- Selected experts from related industries.
- Preferred suppliers.
- Secondary sources:
- Databases such as OneSource, Factiva, Bloomberg, SEC filings Reuters.
- Stock exchanges such as TMX, NASDAQ, ASX and LSE.
Gaurav Bhushan holds an MBA in Finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India) and a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Rajasthan University (India). He focuses on client information requests within the electronics and semiconductor market, helping them to understand the market. He has close to four years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, financials and database design. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, recent technologies, robotics and nanotechnology. He has published works on quantum dots, big data, ultracapacitors, home automation, HMDs, factory automation, and the RF components market.
The global market for Flip Chip Technology by wafer bumping process reached $18.9 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $20.1 billion in 2013 and $36.5 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for flip-chip technologies, a process to interconnect IC's and other microelectronics devices (MEMS) to the external circuitry by means of a solder bumping process deposit on pads.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period, 2013 to 2018.
- Discussion of the evolution, architecture, and value chain of flip-chip technologies.
- Examination of market dynamics, including drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Analysis of the flip-chip assembly market by geography, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and others.
- Coverage of the competitive landscape, including mergers and acquisitions, collaborations and agreements, and new product development.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.