Introducing the authoritative guide to emerging energy and environmental technologies. The Cleantech Report™, published by Lux Research, is the first information resource to provide comprehensive analysis of cleantech - offering proprietary data, unbiased analyses, and fresh insights in emerging energy and environmental technologies.
The report features:
The Cleantech Report™ is an indispensable guide to business and investment opportunities in cleantech - a must-have resource for executives, investors and entrepreneurs.
- Comprehensive analyses of key clean technology segments, spanning energy, air, water, waste and sustainability
- Rich data on market sizes, government funding, corporate R&D, venture capital, IPOs, M&A activity, patents, publications, and more
- Detailed profiles of more than 200 start-up, midsized and large companies
"Targeting the 21st century's most important issues in energy, water, and sustainability, cleantech has emerged as one of the most important areas of growth, innovation, and investment, Lux Research's The Cleantech Report™ is a seminal piece of research that successfully provides financial, corporate, and government decision-makers with the data and case studies they need to make informed, strategic decisions."
- Ira Ehrenpreis, General Partner at venture capital firm Technology Partners
Corporate leaders have quietly sought Lux Research to advise on clean technologies for years, drawing on our rigorous research methodologies and global innovator network. Now these insights from years of customized research have been synthesized into The Cleantech Report™.
Key findings found in The Cleantech Report™ include:
Who Relies on The Cleantech Report™ (TCR)?
- Cleantech innovation has exploded; 1,500 cleantech start-ups operate worldwide, 29,874 scientific journal articles were published in 2006, and 4,093 U.S. patents focused on cleantech were issued
- A boom-and-bust scenario looms in energy technology - IPO value was up 156% in 2006, driven by solar and biofuels
- Untapped opportunities persist in air, water, and waste technologies, which have been comparatively starved for capital
- Asia/Pacific leads in cleantech R&D, topping out 2006 government funding (38%), corporate R&D spending (34%), and scientific publications (38%)
- Europe is the IPO leader, with a majority (55%) of IPO value in 2005 and 2006
- The U.S. leads only in 2006 venture capital deployed (72%) and patents issued (46%)
- Corporate executives use TCR as a vital get-up-to-speed volume and as a guide to relevant technologies, start-ups, and competitors.
- Start-up leaders exploit TCR to gain competitive intelligence, track venture and government funding, and review innovation and financing activity.
- Investors of all kinds draw on TCR to learn how cleantech will will affect their existing portfolios, spot start-up companies worthy of private equity investment, and identify investment themes.
- Public sector institutions use TCR to get the big picture of how cleantech is creating jobs and attracting investment - and understand how these opportunities match up to domestic competencies.
- Consultants, law firms, insurers, and other service providers take advantage of TCR to get smart fast on this burgeoning field of technology information. TCR acts as a one-stop-shop for vital information.
The Cleantech Report™ helps identify new opportunities by providing more than 200 in-depth profiles of cleantech leaders - from innovative start-ups to large corporations - representing a cross-section of the cleantech landscape. Each company profile includes:
Company location · Year founded · Parent company · Company type · Holding status · Ticker (if applicable) · Areas of activity · Key technologies · Key product families · Product availability status · Level of cleantech focus · Business models · Value chain roles · Company relationships (partnerships, distribution agreements, joint development agreements, etc.) · Company description · Revenue · Employees · Profitability · Key people · Venture capital funding · M&A/IPO transactions · Key events · Contact information