PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions, today announced several developments aimed at further strengthening its sustainability strategy.
Recently, PolyOne issued its Sustainability Promise, which builds on the Company’s benchmark No Surprises PledgeSM and assures customers of its dedication to solutions that meet environmental goals.
“The Sustainability Promise confirms that we will put our customers first by developing and supplying sustainable solutions and by employing defined principles in the way we conduct our business,” said Dr. Cecil Chappelow, PolyOne vice president, innovation and sustainability, and chief innovation officer.
PolyOne’s Sustainability Promise affirms that the Company is committed to meeting the needs of the present without compromising future generations’ abilities to meet their own needs. Key elements of this promise include:
- Development of innovative, safe, and environmentally sound products, services and solutions
- Increased use of energy-efficient technologies, recycling, waste reduction techniques, and continuous improvement in operating efficiencies
- Collaboration with suppliers to reduce environmental impact of logistics across the global supply chain.
To further support its sustainability commitment, PolyOne has defined a set of standards for sustainability from which it has established a family of products and services called “PolyOne Sustainable Solutions” that meet the following criteria:
- Renewable: Solutions based in whole or in part on renewable resources.
- Reusable: Packaging and other logistics-related systems which are easily returned or reused.
- Recyclable: Solutions which incorporate post-consumer or post-industrial recycle content or which lend themselves to recycling.
- Eco-conscious composition: Solutions that respond to ever-changing market needs by offering alternatives to traditional chemistries such as lead, bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, or certain halogens.
- Resource efficient: Solutions that help conserve the earth’s resources such as those that enable more efficient production, reduce part weight or material consumption, enable faster cycle times or lower energy consumption.
In September 2008, PolyOne received the Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence of the Year Award for its colorant and additive masterbatch products. This award underscores PolyOne’s strategic focus on innovative sustainable solutions which benefit both customers and the environment.