PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) has presented six Excellent Supplier Awards for superior performance in 2008.
Award criteria included product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG's Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
Kathleen McGuire, PPG vice president, purchasing and distribution, praised the performance of the award-winning suppliers. "Their products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2008 were outstanding," she said. "We consider them invaluable business partners who provide a significant competitive advantage to PPG."
On an annual basis, PPG purchases more than $8 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers.
Companies earning the 2008 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Denver Industria e Comercio de Produtos Quimicos Ltda., based in Sao Paulo, Brazil, a supplier of acrylic emulsions to PPG's architectural coatings business in South America.
- KD Wood Co., Inc., Brownsboro, Ala., which provides packaging and supply integration services to PPG's aerospace business in the United States.
- MPW Industrial Services Group, Inc., Hebron, Ohio, which provides cleaning services for stainless steel intermediate bulk containers to PPG's automotive original-equipment, refinish and industrial coatings businesses in the United States.
- Optimodal, Inc., of West Chester, Pa., which provides tank container intermodal transportation to PPG's automotive original-equipment coatings, optical products and packaging coatings businesses in the United States.
- Paramount Global Services, Inc., of La Mirada, Calif., which provides packaging supplies, third-party logistics services and freight forwarding services to PPG's aerospace business in the United States.
- TECMEC Srl, an Albairate, Italy-based provider of point-of-sale mixing equipment and cabinets to PPG's automotive refinish business in the United States and Europe.