Research and Markets has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Cold-Formed Steel Design, 4th Edition" to their offering.
The definitive text in the field, thoroughly updated and expanded
Hailed by professionals around the world as the definitive text on the subject, Cold-Formed Steel Design is an indispensable resource for all who design for and work with cold-formed steel. No other book provides such exhaustive coverage of both the theory and practice of cold-formed steel construction. Updated and expanded to reflect all the important developments that have occurred in the field over the past decade, this Fourth Edition of the classic text provides you with more of the detailed, up-to-the-minute technical information and expert guidance you need to make optimum use of this incredibly versatile material for building construction.
Wei-Wen Yu and Roger LaBoube, respected authorities in the field, draw upon decades of experience in cold-formed steel design, research, teaching, and development of design specifications to provide guidance on all practical aspects of cold-formed steel design for manufacturing, civil engineering, and building applications. Throughout the book, they describe the structural behavior of cold-formed steel members and connections from both the theoretical and experimental perspectives, and discuss the rationale behind the AISI and North American design provisions.
Cold-Formed Steel Design, Fourth Edition features:
- Thoroughly up-to-date 2007 North American (AISI S100) design specifications
- Both ASD and LRFD methods for USA and Mexico
- LSD (Limit States Design) method for Canada
- A new chapter on the Direct Strength Method
- Updates and revisions of all 14 existing chapters
- In-depth design examples and explanation of design provisions
Cold-Formed Steel Design, Fourth Edition is a necessary tool-of-the-trade for structural engineers, manufacturers, construction managers, and architects. It is also an excellent advanced text for college students and researchers in structural engineering, architectural engineering, construction engineering, and related disciplines.
Key Topics Covered:
- CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION.
- CHAPTER 2 MATERIALS USED IN COLD-FORMED STEEL CONSTRUCTION.
- CHAPTER 3 STRENGTH OF THIN ELEMENTS AND DESIGN CRITERIA.
- CHAPTER 4 FLEXURAL MEMBERS.
- CHAPTER 5 COMPRESSION MEMBERS.
- CHAPTER 6 COMBINED AXIAL LOAD AND BENDING.
- CHAPTER 7 CLOSED CYLINDRICAL TUBULAR MEMBERS.
- CHAPTER 8 CONNECTIONS.
- CHAPTER 9 SHEAR DIAPHRAGMS AND ROOF STRUCTURES.
- CHAPTER 10 CORRUGATED SHEETS.
- CHAPTER 11 COMPOSITE DESIGN.
- CHAPTER 12 INTRODUCTION TO STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN.
- CHAPTER 13 LIGHT-FRAME CONSTRUCTION.
- CHAPTER 14 COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN.
- CHAPTER 15 DIRECT-STRENGTH METHOD.
- APPENDIX A THICKNESS OF BASE METAL.
- APPENDIX B TORSION.
- APPENDIX C FORMULAS FOR COMPUTING CROSS-SECTIONAL PROPERTY
- APPENDIX D DEFINITIONS OF TERMS.
- ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS.
- CONVERSION TABLE.