xpedx today announced a new network of seven Package Design Centers with the opening of centers in the San Francisco Bay Area and Rochester, N.Y., and the expansion of existing design centers in Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Juarez, Mexico metropolitan areas. xpedx provides total packaging solutions for manufacturers, brand owners/marketers and other businesses.
xpedx has added new package design staff and services in 12 other U.S. metropolitan regions: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Grand Rapids, Mich., Greensboro, N.C., Memphis, Tenn., Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Seattle, and Tampa, Fla. xpedx facilities in those markets offer expertise on all aspects of packaging development, production, distribution and cost-management.
“Manufacturers want to maximize financial returns for new products—and packaging is ever-more crucial to that success,” said xpedx Vice President of Packaging John Perrin. “Companies typically face challenges on three fronts: they want maximum visibility and control of their total packaging costs; they want to reduce supply chain complexity; and they want to leverage best practices in package design because of its impact on sales, profitability and cost reduction.”
By working with customers from the very start of a new product design or update, xpedx can help tightly manage entire packaging and distribution functions. xpedx provides:
- material-neutral designs using corrugated, folding carton, specialty foams, thermoformed plastics, molded fiber and pulp, and flexible packaging;
- control of and potential reduction in total packaging and distribution costs;
- consistent design, innovation, testing and development processes;
- wide-ranging sustainability solutions;
- packaging machinery, systems and substrates plus production line optimization;
- access to production, kitting and fulfillment;
- supply chain simplification and transparency;
- delivery of packaged products and point-of-sale presentation.
xpedx Package Design Centers are located in Hayward, Calif.; Juarez, Mexico; Olathe, Kan.; Chicago; Pittsburgh, Pa; Rochester, N.Y. and Livonia, Mich. All are staffed with packaging engineers, project managers, and have full design, prototype development, and access to state-of-the-art testing capabilities.