DuPont Transportation & Advanced Polymers (T&AP), a business unit of DowDuPont Specialty Products Division, is showcasing its integrated solutions for future 5G service at Chinaplas 2019. 5G service is all about speed, reliability and flexibility. By providing solutions across the 5G ecosystem covering infrastructure, devices and use cases, DuPont is committed to creating a more convenient and comfortable experience for future 5G users enjoying a fast connection and low latency interaction, counting on safe and reliable 5G infrastructure and stylish devices.
Meeting the needs of high speed connection
DuPont offers a series of solutions to meet the requirements of high speed connections, including antenna technology, high-speed connector solutions and Optical Distribution Networks (ODN).
- Antenna technology is a newly launched solution for mobile phone and laptop antenna split. DuPont™ Crastin® product families provide balanced Dk/Df, creating excellent antenna performance, delivering outstanding signal transmission to ensure high-speed, low-latency 5G communications and operation quality.
- High speed connector is an established solution for most connector manufacturers. High-temperature nylon connector solutions offer high speed and are compatible with the most popular SMT assembly processes. DuPont™ Zytel® HTN provides superior flowability, which is perfect for miniaturization design.
- ODN Solutions featuring on the optical fiber cable (DuPont™ Hytrel®) and interconnect material (DuPont™ Zytel® RSHTN), offers outstanding mechanical properties and reliability that enable the fast connection service provided by ODN.
Addressing safety and reliability challenges
Increasing demands for greater power and higher speed data transmission will result in more need for thermal management.
- Thermal management solutions make 5G devices more reliable and functionally stable, minimizing malfunctions and system failures. It also significantly improves the 5G user experience by reducing heat at the hotspots. DuPont's wide range of thermally conductive products, including Zytel® RSHTN, Zytel®, and Crastin®, have various mechanical properties that cater to different customers’ needs.
Delivering superior design flexibility
Several trends are evolving in the consumer electronics device market, e.g., lighter and thinner designs for easy carrying and wearing and a wide range of color and hardness offerings. DuPont’s elastomer solution and lightweight solutions perfectly meet the market needs.
- Elastomer solutions provide better comfort and enable a fashionable look for applications like smartwatch wristbands, gaming device bezel covers, earbuds and protection covers. DuPont™ Hytrel® and DuPont™ TPSiV® product families offer a wide range of softness and color choices.
- Lightweight solutions for Consumer Electronics products offer effective weight reduction. DuPont™ Zytel® RSHTN enables thinner designs for applications like AR/VR goggles, which are 25 percent lighter than traditional glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate materials. Zytel® HTN has excellent mechanical properties to replace metal for electrical and electronics product covers and structure parts.
“We, at DuPont, are applying our deepest technology and application expertise to develop new materials enabling reliability and sustainability for the upcoming 5G era. We believe 5G is more than speed and connection. It is equally about making the users enjoy the 5G experience through the convenience and comfort that our solutions bring. DuPont is the clear frontrunner in this field and we are committed to bringing the best of the best to our customer base,” said Jeroen Bloemhard, Global Vice President for Performance Materials, DuPont Transportation & Advanced Polymers.
To learn more about DuPont’s automotive solutions, please visit Booth # 11.2A31 at Chinaplas 2019.