Mar 9 2007
A new publication, ASTM Standards and Technical Articles Relating to Structural Glazing, is now available from ASTM International. This book is a valuable tool for the construction industry as well as the fire standards industry and includes 12 ASTM test methods, specifications, and guides for using silicone adhesives to attach glass, metal, or other panel materials to the structure of a building. These sealants help protect glass and other panels on the building facades from the stress of wind and temperature.
In addition to the 12 ASTM standards, the compilation also includes the following:
- 34 peer reviewed papers from 13 ASTM Special Technical Publications (STPs);
- ASTM Standardization News article on Structural Sealant Glazing;
- RILEM Report 21, Durability of Silicone Sealants;
- 3 RILEM Proceedings;
- IEEE/ASTM SI 10, Standard for Use of the International System of Units (SI): The Modern
- Metric System; and
- Federal Standard 16 CFR 1201, Standard on Architectural Glazing Materials.