The Hiden CATLAB is a bench-top microreactor and combined mass spectrometer system. It has been designed for fast and reproducible catalyst characterisation and reaction analysis.
Both the mass spectrometer and the microreactor are offered as a complete system from a single manufacturer, which is unique to the industry, thereby ensuring optimum analysis via seamless hardware and software integration.
Additionally, the modular design allows both these instruments to operate as stand-alone units so that they can also be interfaced with other laboratory equipment such as TGA, FT-IR, or GC.
The main features of the Hiden CATLAB are as follows:
- Rapid response, low thermal mass furnace with integrated air-cooling
- 1-20°C/min heating rates up to 1000°C
- Close-coupled hotzone evolved species probe and direct QIC inlet for <500ms response
- Hiden’s unique interchangeable catalyst cartridge unit
- Automatic 2-4 (8 optional) gas stream manifold or combined gas/vapour manifold
- ‘In-bed’ thermocouple for direct catalyst temperature measurement
- Independent mass flow control of each channel at 3-100ml/min (other flow options available)
- Seamless on-line, real-time studies with data acquisition and PC analysis
- Shut-off/bypass flow configuration to seal reactor and gas sampling port
- Air thermostat and trace heating to minimise condensation of liquid feeds/ products
- Corrosion resistant manifold configurations available
The main applications of the Hiden CATLAB are as follows:
- Reaction analysis
- Catalyst screening
- Pulse chemisorption
- Dispersion measurements
- Adsorption isotherms