The Hiden MAXIM quadruple SIMS analyzer is a system for dynamic and static SNMS and SIMS applications. This analyzer is a state of the art secondary ion mass spectrometer for negative and positive, dynamic, static and neutral analytical applications.
The 30° acceptance angle enables mounting of the MAXIM with its axis parallel to the plane of the sample, leaving a clear view of the sampled area for other ion or light optics. The MAXIM is tolerant of sample charging making it a perfect probe for the analysis of insulators. Also, large acceptance angle allows for wide area imaging.
The key features of the Hiden MAXIM quadruple SIMS analyzer are as follows:
- Pole diameter: 9 mm
- Bakeout: 250 °C
- Mass filter: Triple filter
- Ion energy filter: 30° angular acceptance
- Mass range options: 300 amu, 500 amu or 1000 amu
- Ioniser: Electron bombardment, single filament for SNMS and RGA
- Detector: Ion counting detector, 107 cps, Positive and Negative ion detection