The Hiden EQP system is a combined mass spectrometer and energy analyser manufactured for the analysis of plasma ions, neutrals and neutral radicals. The system includes operating modes for positive ion, and negative ion analysis.
For detailed neutral radical studies, threshold ionisation and electron attachment ionisation modes are provided for analysis of both electro-positive and electro-negative plasma radicals.
The EQP system is equipped with integrated MCS - multi channel scalar data acquisition with time resolution to 50ns, thereby providing quick data acquisition for pulsed plasma applications. Hiden plasma probes can be applied for measuring certain key plasma parameters and provide detailed data relating to plasma reaction chemistry.
Complete understanding of the reaction kinetics of plasma ions and neutral species is crucial in the development of superior surface engineering processes such as HIPIMS.
The essential electron bombardment ion source enables analysis of neutrals and, coupled with the electron attachment mass spectrometry (EAMS) electron attachment mode, can handle separation and identification of electronegative radical species.
The main features of the EQP system are:
- 45° electrostatic sector analyzer, scan energy at 0.05eV increments/ 0.25eV FWHM
- Software controlled ion extraction optics for minimum plasma perturbation
- Minimum perturbation of ion flight path and constant ion transmission at all energies
- Differentially pumped triple filter quadrupole, mass range options to 2500amu
- Tuneable integral ioniser for appearance potential MS with electron attachment option
- High sensitivity / stability pulse ion counting detector with seven decade dynamic range
- Penning gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
- Signal gating and programmable signal gating option for time resolved studies in pulsed plasma
- 1000eV option, floating option up to 10keV, Faraday cup for high density plasmas
- Mu-Metal, radio-metal shielding options, high pressure operation option
The main applications of the EQP system are as follows:
- Etching/deposition studies
- Analysis of ions and radicals
- Ion implantation
- Residual gas analysis
- Plasma electrode coupling
- Leak detection
- Laser ablation