Taghleef Industries (Ti) and Bruckner Maschinenbau GmbH and Co. KG successfully completed the expansion of Ti's subsidiary in Sohar, Oman featuring the new high performance 8.7m wide BOPP film production line. Shortly after start-up of the seventh joint project between Ti and Bruckner, continuous production was attained and Ti is already marketing first grade film.
The annual capacity increase of 35,000 tons adds to a combined annual film production capacity approximating 290,000 tons, marking a new era for Taghleef Industries which - as part of the Al Ghurair Group, UAE - has meanwhile become one of the largest BOPP film manufacturers in the world.
For this challenging project, Bruckner was chosen not only as supplier for the film production line but also for the complete turnkey package for the new BOPP production plant, including the following services and peripheral equipment:
- Integration of new BOPP production in existing site infrastructure
- Layout planning and engineering
- Planning, delivery and installation of all energy and utility supply systems (e.g. oil, compressed air, water treatment, cold and chilled water)
- Piping and cabling
- Storage facilities for raw material
- Mill roll and slit roll handling
- Packaging and storage incl. final warehouse
- Recycling plant
Dr. Detlef Schuhmann, Ti's CEO, says: "The cooperation with Bruckner was excellent, very professional and always fair. We were treated as partners and from the bottom of my heart I can say – yes – we did choose the right partner."
For more information on polypropylene, click here.