Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/895775/solidification_pro) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Solidification Processing of Metal Matrix Composites: Rohatgi Honorary Symposium" to their offering.
"Solidification Processing of Metal Matrix Composites" (MMCs) focuses primarily on microcomposites but also covers macrocomposites, nanocomposites and foams. There are four main areas detailed: fundamentals of solidification synthesis, which examines issues related to stir mixing, pressure infiltration, transfer of particles or fibers through gas-liquid and liquid-solid interfaces, and particle/fiber interactions with fluids; processing and microstructures, which focuses on microstructure formation during solidification of MMC under different conditions, such as nucleation, growth, heat transfer, microsegregation, macrosegregation and interactions between solidifying interfaces, particles and fibers; and, properties of solidification processing, covering the relationship between the microstructures and properties. Comparisons are made between properties of solidification processed composites and monolithic and composites made by solid and vapor phase processes. It also details the application of solidification processed MMCs, revealing current and future applications especially in automotive, aerospace, railroad, thermal management, electromechanical machinery and recreational equipment sectors.
Key Topics Covered:
- Overview of Developments in Cast MMCs.
- Hollow Particle Filled Composites (N. Gupta).
- Synthesis of Stir Cast Aluminum Alloy Matrix Composites - Indian Contributions (S.G. Kestur, M.R. Pillai, C.B. Pai, and P.K. Rohatgi).
- In Situ Processing of Lightweight Alloy Composites (R.G. Reddy).
- Solidification Microstructures of Hybrid Aluminum Matrix Composites (B.C. Pai, T.P.D. Rajan, S.G.K. Pillai, and R.M. Pillai).
- Developments in Science & Technology of Cast Aluminium Matrix Composites An Over View (S.G. Kestur, M.R. Pillai, C.B. Pai, P.K. Rohatgi, J. Kim, and M. Kestursatya).
- Composite Development Activity at NPL (A.K. Gupta, R. Sikand, R.B. Mathur, and T.L. Dhami).
- Processing and Microstructure of MMCs I.
- Metal Matrix and Polymer Nanocomposites (R. Maharsia).
- The Technological Aspects of ALFA Composites Synthesis (J. Sobczak, P. Darlak, R.M. Purgert, N. Sobczak, and A. Wojciechowski).
- Manufacturing Process Influence on Microstructural Features of Selectively Reinforced Magnesium Metal Matrix Composites (R. Hathaway, A. Loukus, C. Johnson, T. Wood, J. Loukus, A. Halonen, G. Simula, V. Pikhovich, B. Coleman, and D. Weiss).
- Fabrication of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Aluminum Magnesium Alloy Composite Wires Using Ultrasonic Infiltration Method (T. Matsunaga, K. Ogata, T. Hatayama, K. Shinozaki, and M. Yoshida).
- Interaction Between Molten Aluminum and Oxides (N. Sobczak).
- Processing and Characterization of Fly Ash Particle Reinforced A356 Al Composites (Sudarshan, and M.K. Surappa).
- Processing and Microstructure of MMCs II.
- Experimental and Numerical Study of Creep Properties of Aluminum Syntactic Foams (O. Couteau, and D.C. Dunand).
- Effects of Interfacial Reactions During Solidification on Mechanical Properties in Short Fiber Reinforced AlSi12CuMgNi Composites (Y. Huang, N. Hort, H. Dieringa, and K. Kainer).
- Microstructure Characterization of Al-7%Si-10%B4C Die Casting Composites (Z. Zhang, X.-G. Chen, and A. Charette).
- Solidification Structures and Properties of Zinc Aluminium / SiC / Al2O3 (MMC) Alloys (A.E. Ares, R. Caram, and C.E. Schvezov).
- Aluminum Composite Castings Incorporating Used and Virgin Foundry Sand as Particle Reinforcements (M.A. Belger, P.K. Rohatgi, and N. Gupta).
- A Modified Squeeze Infiltration Process to Synthesize Nickel Coated Carbon Fiber Reinforced Al-2014 Composite (P.K. Rohatgi, V. Tiwari, and N. Gupta).
- Development of Innovative Magnesium Based Composite Formulations Using Disintegrated Melt Deposition Methodology (M. Gupta, S.F. Hassan, and W.L.E. Wong).
- Microstructural Evolution if TiC Particulate Reinforced Mg-13.5Al-0.6Zn Matrix Composite During Partial Remelting (H.Y. Wang, L. Huang, and Q.C. Jiang).
- Properties of MMCs.
- Short-Fiber Cast Aluminum MMCs: Properties & Value (G.A. Gegel, and D.C. Weiss).
- Effects of Particle Size and Volume Fraction on Wear Behavior of Aluminum Alloys/Ceramic Particles Composites (M. Duarte, J.M. Molina, R. Prieto, E. Louis, and J. Narciso).
- Damping Characteristics of Al-Li-SiCp Composites (R. Bauri, and M.K. Surappa).
- The Effect of Alloying Elements (Si and Mg) on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Al-60 % SiC Composites Produced by Gas Pressure Infiltration Technique (H. Cimenoglu, H. Ahlatci, and E. Candan).
- and much more...