Indium Corporation technology experts will share their technical expertise at the IPC APEX Expo February 19-21 in San Diego, California.
- Ning-Cheng Lee, PhD, Vice President of Technology
- Voiding Mechanism and Control in Mixed Solder Alloy System: Dr. Lee will present data collected while observing the voiding behavior of mixed solder alloy systems under a variety of conditions.
- QFN Voiding Control via Solder Mask Patterning on Thermal Pad: Dr. Lee will present novel approaches to establishing channels of communications within electronics assemblies.
- Ronald Lasky, PhD, PE, Senior Technologist
- Material and Process Optimization for Head-in-Pillow Minimization: Dr. Lasky will discuss materials- and process-related issues surrounding head-in-pillow defects and make recommendations on how to eliminate the defect.
- Dr. Lasky will also present posters on Material and Process Optimization for Head-in-Pillow Minimization, Applications of Solder Preforms to Improve Reliability, and A Focus on Productivity: Several Case Studies.
- Additionally, Dr. Lasky will teach two professional development courses: An Introduction of DOE, SPC, and Weibull Analysis, and Manufacturing for High Yields in Assembly.
- Eric Bastow, Senior Technical Support Engineer
- The Effects of Human-Induced Contamination on PCB Assembly Electrical Reliability: Bastow will discuss how everyday contaminants, such as oil, grease, and hand creams, create reliability issues in small components.
- Printing I: Bastow will serve as the session chair.
Dr. Lee is a world-renown soldering expert and an SMTA Member of Distinction. He has extensive experience in the development of high-temperature polymers, encapsulants for microelectronics, underfills, and adhesives. His current research interests include advance materials for interconnects and packaging for electronics and optoelectronics applications, with an emphasis on both high performance and low cost of ownership.
Dr. Lasky, holder of the prestigious SMTA Founder’s Award, is a world-renown process expert and an Instructional Professor of Engineering at Dartmouth College. He has over 25 years of experience in electronics and optoelectronic packaging and assembly. He has authored or edited five books, numerous technical papers, and holds several patent disclosures. Dr. Lasky authors a technology blog, which can be found at http://www.indium.com/drlasky.
Bastow provides technical support for Indium Corporation’s full range of solder products for electronics assembly, semiconductor package, and thermal management markets. He is a certified process engineer and has earned his Six Sigma Green Belt from the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College. Bastow is a certified IPC-A-600 and 610D specialist.
IPC APEX Expo hosts thousands of colleagues from more than 50 countries at the industry’s premier event – featuring advanced and emerging technologies in printed board design and manufacturing, electronics assembly, test, and printed electronics.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, solar, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders, preforms, and fluxes; brazes; sputter targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin compounds, and high purity metals; and Reactive NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, Indium Corporation has global technical support and factories located in China, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.