Posted in | News | Plastics and Polymers

Forecast Report on Global Water Soluble Polymers Market

According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research "Water Soluble Polymers (Polyacrylamide, Guar Gum, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Casein, Gelatin, Polyacrylic Acid and Others) Market for Water Treatment, Detergent & Household Products, Petroleum, Paper Making and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019", the global water soluble polymers market was valued at USD 23.38 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach USD 29.63 billion by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period from 2013 to 2019. The global water soluble polymers market volume was 5,483.8 kilo tons in 2012.

The industry is expected to expand at a rapid pace due to the increasing application of water soluble polymers in water treatment. Environmental regulations pertaining to wastewater treatment of industrial as well as urban sewage water are expected to be major drivers for the water soluble polymers market in the years to come.

Water soluble polymers can be of three types based on the raw material types as synthetic, natural and semi-synthetic. Synthetic water soluble polymers were the dominant segment with 60% of the global demand in 2012. Natural water soluble polymers and semi-synthetic water soluble polymers accounted for the remaining 40% of the volume in 2012.

Key water soluble polymers include polyacrylamide, guar gum, polyvinyl alcohol, casein, gelatin, polyacrylic acid and others including polysaccharides, PVP, PEG, polyamines and quaternary ammonium compounds. Globally, polyacrylamide is the largest product segment of water soluble polymers in terms of volume demand. It is also expected to be the fastest growing product type at an estimated CAGR of 7.4% over the forecast period from 2013 to 2019.

The water treatment industry was the largest customer for the water soluble polymers industry in 2012 and accounted for a 23.7% share of the total volume generated by the latter. Increasing petroleum and shale gas extraction activities across the globe are expected to drive the consumption of water soluble polymers over the next few years. Water soluble polymers are used as a friction reducer and wastewater treating agent in petroleum applications.

Other key end-user industries for water soluble polymers include paper making, detergent & household products, agriculture, food, pharmaceuticals, mining, etc. The detergent & household products formed the second largest end-user of water soluble polymers with 13.6% share in total volume consumed by the industry in 2012. Paper making, agriculture, food, pharmaceuticals and mining are other key applications that had a significant market share in 2012.

Source: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Submit