EPLAN Electric P8 is an electrical engineering design program that offers unlimited possibilities for project planning, documentation, and management of automation projects. The automatic production of detailed reports based on wiring diagrams in an integral part of a comprehensive documentation system and provides subsequent phases of the project, such as production, assembly, commissioning and service with the data required.
It is possible to exchange engineering data from project areas such as fluid and pneumatic engineering via interfaces within the CAE software. This guarantees integration and consistency throughout the entire product development process. EPLAN offers users with benefits throughout all project phases from generating initial graphical layouts or plant overviews to creating schematics and other project information, independently of graphics. This is achieved as the electrical engineering software supports these different phases with equal priority. Users can automatically select the operation most suited to their requirements, providing continuous consistency in the project data, regardless of your method of design.
With comprehensive and individually configurable check runs, it is possible to determine how strictly EPLAN monitors the quality level of the documentation. In this manner, the downstream stages of the process are provided with all of the required information, supporting continuous product creation from manufacturing, installation, commissioning, servicing and maintenance. It is enough if the technicians take care of the engineering work, EPLAN takes care of consistent management of project data. This helps in creating high-quality machinery and plant documentation.
EPLAN Electric P8 supports global standards such as IEC, NFPA, the Russian GOST standard and the Chinese GB standard with appropriate master data and sample projects. The combination of standard functions and optional extensions in EPLAN Electric P8 helps in optimizing the entire planning process and increase the quality of your automation documentation in the long term.
The key features of EPLAN P8 are:
- Versatile – all-round support of graphical and device oriented design
- Macro technology – scalable and based on technical value sets and graphical variants
- Reliable results – logical check functions and automated project reporting
- Totally global – supports of international standards (IEC, NFPA, GOST, GB standard)
- Platform technology – direct communication between electrical, fluid power and electrical I&C engineering
- Reduction of time-consuming operations thanks to automatic functions
- Less work thanks to reduced requirement to harmonize with technical departments
- Shorter design times with reliable project quality Increased quality
- Check functions ensure correct outcomes
- System-supported minimisation of individual errors
- Increased flexibility
- Enhanced flexibility in organising your own work
- Uncomplicated working and simplification of exchangewith colleagues speaking another language