Torsion drives can be installed in zwicki-Line materials testing machines such as the Materials testing machine zwicki-Line Z2.5 TX or Z5.0 TX to carry out single and multi-axial loading tests (tensile or compression combined with torsion) during materials and component testing.
The systems feature:
- Modular design allows torsion drive retrofitting at any time.
- Torsion drive can be mounted on the moving crosshead (optionally on top crosshead).
- The torque cells can be combined with a load cell (tensile and compression), which must be capable of accepting the torque involved.
- Both test axes can be synchronized via the software.
- High-resolution twist angle measurement allows excellent repeat accuracy.
- Uses testControl measurement and control electronics.