DWT high-energy drop-weight testers from Zwick are designed to perform testing and evaluation of fracture surfaces of ferritic steels as outlined in standards, including ASTM-E 436 EN 10274, and API-RP 5L3.
Different versions are available with sizes of 20, 30, 40, 60, 80 and 100KJ. During the test, weights fall on to a sample secured at both ends and break it. A cold-pressed notch in the sample is the point whereupon the sample breaks under the impact effect.
The key advantages of the DWT high-energy drop-weight testers are as follows:
- For all sizes, the standard maximum drop-height is 5m
- DWT 20 - 40 have a maximum drop-height of 2.5m
- Test fixtures are mounted outside the test area
- Pneumatic specimen feed ensures high sample throughput within 10 seconds
- A safety circuit mechanically and electrically protects the test area
- Tests will be performed only after monitoring all safety contacts