The Fully Automatic Aflow
The Aflow’s defining feature is its high level of automation - easy cleaning and defined pre-compacting at the touch of a button, stepless test-load settings, thus the instrument adapts to the users’ testing requirements. The Aflow was developed specially for laboratories with high testing volumes; this is reflected in its sturdy design and simple operation. It supports all established worldwide standards, including ASTM D1238 and ISO 1133. The Aflow can be used to establish melt mass flow rate (MFR) and melt volume flow rate (MVR) to Methods A, B, C and D.
Key Advantages and Features
- The test loads can be modified steplessly from 0.325 kg to 50 kg.
- Quick cleaning and defined pre-compaction at the press of a button.
- With automated, filed-dependent parameterization, the Aflow chooses the test parameters to establish the optimized test results. The result is fewer measurement errors.
- Time-saving, multi-stage tests are based on Method D: Several tests with varying weight stages can be performed with a single barrel filling.
- The remaining material can be purged from the extrusion barrel with a force of up to 80 kg.
- Ergonomic operation: The pivotable and detachable specimen hopper is perfectly suited for fast filling of the extrusion barrel and for fast and easy purge of the remaining granulate.
- The precise temperature distribution in the extrusion barrel complies with ISO 1133 Part 1 and Part 2.
- The pivotable testing tower locks automatically in the testing or cleaning position.
- In stand-alone mode, results can be rapidly and easily read without a PC.
The Aflow is popular for being highly automated: both simple cleaning and defined pre-compaction can be done at the press of a button, or infinitely settable test loads. The Aflow adapts to the test tasks. The extrusion plastometer supports all universally common standards and procedures, including ISO 1133, ASTM D1238 to Methods A, B, C, and D.
The pneumatic pre-compaction feature allows the polymer to be defined and consistently pre-compacted at the press of a button, thereby saving time and effort. Pre-compaction provides a considerable degree of operator independence, even if the operator performing the test changes frequently.
Moreover, Zwick Roell testing software determines the test results in the automated, filed-dependent parameterization, guaranteeing that the Aflow automatically chooses the precise test parameters.
To additionally quicken the test procedure after the test, users have the option to eject the remaining material from extrusion barrel with a force of up to 80 kg and then to clean the extrusion barrel with a pneumatic cleaning device at the press of a button.
The space-saving, multi-instrument operation allows the users to link up to six Aflow or Mflow extrusion plastometers to a PC. Of course, users can also employ the Aflow in standalone mode without a PC.
The standard version of the Aflow extrusion plastometer is programmed to perform MFR and MVR tests to Methods A, B, C, and D. They are done using an automatic extrudate cutter and scale. Tests can be conducted to the following standards:
- ISO 1133, ASTM D3364, ASTM D1238, JIS K 7210.