Vibrophores are used for determining component and material durability with respect to fatigue life and fatigue limit, for example via fatigue testing to DIN 50100 (S-N curve) under tensile, compression, pulsating and alternating loads.
Typical applications are fracture mechanics tests on CT and SEB specimens, pre-cracking specimens, fatigue and durability tests on components such as screws/bolts and springs, and production and quality control of components exposed to dynamic loads during their working lives.
The key features of Zwick vibrophores are:
- High testing frequencies (up to 300Hz) ensure short test times, giving high specimen throughput.
- Vibrophores operate in resonance frequency. Inherent superelevation of the resonant cycle produces high load and displacement amplitudes at low energy input (around 2% of the energy consumption of servo-hydraulic testing machines).
- testXpert® II(testing software) test programs precisely tailored to testing requirements make operation very straightforward.
- Installation is also very easy – the vibrophore requires no additional elements such as hydraulic power-packs or cooling units.
- Wear-free components ensure maintenance-free operation.