The totally automatic ZHV30/zwickiLine testing machine with closed-loop technology reduces testing costs and minimizes operator influence, thereby guaranteeing an efficient, cost-effective low-force hardness testing.
- Can be used for all optical hardness testing procedures in the low-force range for single, series and multiple hardness traverse tests to the following standards:
- Knoop hardness to EN ISO 4545
- Vickers hardness to EN ISO 6507
- Brinell hardness to EN ISO 6506
- This hardness testing system is perfect for automated hardness testing to establish values for the following approaches:
- Depth of hardening after nitriding (Nht) as per DIN 50190-3
- Case hardening depth (CHD) as per EN ISO 2639
- Conventional depth of hardening after surface heating (DS) as per EN 10328
- Weld seam tests on steel pipes as per EN 10208
The ZHV30/zwickiLine hardness testing system covers the automotive and aerospace industries, metals (steel producers and suppliers, hardening shops), together with government departments and agencies, academia and medical engineering (ceramics and dental materials).
Which Testing Software Is Right for Me?
Choosing between testXpert and HD software as testing software for the ZHV30/zwickiLine hardness testing machine.
Versions with testXpert® Hardness Edition
- The fully automatic ZHV30/zwicki hardness testing system with closed-loop technology reduces testing costs and lessens operator influence. A guarantee for efficient, economical low-force hardness testing.
- The hardness testing system has been designed as a ‘top loader’; the measuring unit is automatically dropped to the specimen. Test-area height can be varied as required.
- The Xforce HP load cell and Zwick testControl measurement and control electronics guarantee quick, precise test-load application in the ranges HV0.1 to HV30 and HBW1/1 to HBW2.5/31.25
- The advanced lens mounting fixture for the indenters guarantees smooth application of all test loads
- The measuring microscope uses GigE camera technology and is fitted with a motorized turret for the indenter and up to four lenses, allowing an extensive range of applications to be covered
- Control of the hardness testing machine and assessment of test data are handled by testXpert software "hardness edition". Test reports (with test parameters as well test results) are created automatically.
Advantages of Using HD Software
- The fully automatic ZHV30/zwickiLine is equipped with closed-loop technology (Xforce HP load cell)
- The hardness testing system has been built as a ‘top loader’; the measuring unit is automatically lowered to the specimen. Test-area height can be diverse as required.
- The innovative lens mounting fixture for the indenters ensures smooth application of all test loads
- Operation and control of hardness testing system via high definition software
- The measuring microscope uses a 1.3 MP USB camera and is fitted with a motorized turret for the indenter and up to four lenses, allowing a wide range of applications to be covered
- Fast, easy positioning of test points in overview image
- Scan function provides high-resolution overview image of specimen surface (stitching)
- Automatic hardness traverse testing
- Automatic indentation measurement with lighting and shadow correction eliminates operator impact when establishing the hardness value