The EDAX TEAM™ 3D Imaging and Quant (IQ) is an advanced 3D system Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) data solution that carries out analysis and imaging functions simultaneously. 3D visualization software was used in the past to obtain a stack of image slices using a sample to generate a 3D volume.
This 3D solution displays elemental maps through colour coding based on intensity. In addition, the zoom, tilt and rotate functions used for simple images were also adapted for elemental maps, which facilitate additional interpretative information.
The TEAM™ 3D is the result of partnership between EDAX and its sister company, AMETEK.
The main features of the EDAX' TEAM™ 3D IQ are as follows:
- 3D thresholding tools for defining the regions of interest in the sample
- Quantification of image visualization
- Display of elemental maps via colour coding function
- Extraction of complete spectrum following extraction of sub-sets of data
- TEAM™ EDS software with a seamless interface offers optimal results