Since 1898, the American Ceramic Society (ACerS) has been the global ceramics community’s hub and one of the most reliable sources of information when it comes to ceramic materials and applications. ACerS is also the professional society for the ceramics and glass technology industries.
Image Credit: The American Ceramic Society
A membership with the American Ceramic Society is extremely beneficial for people all around the globe. Andrea Ross, Director of Membership at ACerS, explains why below.
A membership with the ACerS means becoming a member of an extensive network with over 10,000 ceramic and glass professionals and students from over 70 countries around the world. ACerS can also help individuals establish connections with those who have similar interests and offers a variety of benefits, as outlined below.
The Networking Opportunities are Endless
- ACerS enables smooth communication with other members through its extensive member community. Members can access 11 distinct divisions, many U.S. sections, and international chapters, among many other resources.
- ACerS meetings provide an excellent opportunity to share research, collaborate, and connect with other members in person.
Save Money with an ACerS Membership
- An ACerS membership helps save money when it comes to registering for meetings, professional development resources, and much more.
Access to Online Resources
- Four ACerS journals can be accessed using an ACerS membership.
- Keep up with the latest industry news and trends through ACerS Bulletin, Ceramic Tech Today, and Ceramic and Glass Manufacturing Magazine.
- ACerS has been around for over 100 years, providing its members with over 100 years of ceramic and glass research experience.
- ACerS also provides access to monthly webinars based on a wide range of subjects for free. Take a look at the future discussions here.
The society’s rich history is one of the most beneficial aspects of the membership.
ACerS has been at the frontline of important discoveries in the ceramic engineering sector and has contributed to its growth and research for almost 125 years. Over many decades, it has provided the industry’s greatest minds with a clear and productive forum to meet, network, and help advance their industry.
The success of the American Ceramic Society’s many activities is due to the dedication of the organization’s members, volunteers, and staff. Without the dedication of all of those that have been involved in society, it would not be where it is today, and its constant success would not be possible.
ACerS has many opportunities for an individual who is on the fence and has not been an ACerS member before.
ACerS is offering a one-year free membership to allow people to test out the membership, gain access to the incredible benefits, and determine whether or not it is beneficial for them to continue being a member.
Visit the following link to get access to this opportunity.
Produced from materials taken from an Interview with Andrea Ross, ACerS Director of Meetings, Marketing & Membership, ACerS.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by The American Ceramic Society.
For more information on this source, please visit The American Ceramic Society.