The NEX CG II from Rigaku is a strong and rapid XRF spectrometer that extends the boundaries of EDXRF technology. It offers quick and non-destructive multi-element analyses (ranging from sodium (Na) to uranium (U)) right from trace concentrations up to the percent level.
Thanks to the Cartesian configuration and indirect excitation, the signal-to-noise ratio is increased, even for difficult samples, which makes the NEX CG II a perfect choice for industrial quality control to sophisticated research applications.
The NEX CG II is a versatile elemental analyzer that offers quick quantitative and qualitative elemental analyses and fulfills the requirements of various industries. It is appropriate for chemical analysis in nearly any matrix — varying from oils and liquids to solids, polymers, metals, coatings, pastes, powders and thin films.
Cartesian Geometry and Polarization for Trace Level Sensitivity
In contrast to traditional energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) spectrometers, the NEX CG II is an indirect excitation system that employs secondary targets instead of tube filters. Polarized and monochromatic excitation from secondary targets immensely enhances detection limits for elements in highly scattering matrices such as hydrocarbons, water and biological materials.
Thanks to secondary target excitation in full 90° Cartesian Geometry, background noise is removed. Consequently, the NEX CG II provides a whole new level of analytical sensitivity to XRF technology. Ultra-low and trace element concentrations can be measured even for difficult sample types.
Key Benefits and Features
- Indirect excitation for remarkably low detection limits
- Non-destructive elemental analysis can be performed for sodium (Na) to uranium (U)
- High-power 50 kV, 50 W X-ray tube
- Quick elemental analyses of liquids, solids, coatings, thin films and powders
- Analysis in helium, air or vacuum
- Latest RPF-SQX Fundamental Parameters software features Scattering FP
- Large-area high-throughput silicon drift detector (SDD) is available
- Low cost of ownership along with a warranty for two years
- Rigaku Profile Fitting (RPF) advanced algorithm available for peak deconvolution
- Several automatic sample changers can house up to 52 mm samples
- User-friendly and robust QuantEZ® software with multilingual user interface
Rigaku NEX CG II Cartesian Geometry EDXRF Spectrometer
Video Credit: Rigaku Corporation