Rigaku's unique ZSX Primus 400 sequential wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF) spectrometer was specifically designed to handle very large and/or heavy samples that measure up to 400 mm in diameter, 50 mm in thickness and 30 kg in mass. This system is therefore an ideal solution for analyzing sputtering targets, magnetic disks and multilayer film metrology, or for the elemental analysis of large samples.
XRF with Customized Sample Adapter System
This WDXRF spectrometer is highly versatile in its ability to adapt to specific sample types of various sizes and shapes through the use of optional adapter inserts that are made to order. Additionally, this instrument is also able to adapt to different analysis requirements. With a variable measurement spot whose diameter ranges from 30 mm to 0.5 mm, a 5 step automatic selection and mapping capability with multi-point measurements to check for sample uniformity makes this WDXRF spectrometer a uniquely flexible instrument can dramatically streamline your quality control processes.
XRF with Available Camera and Special Lighting
Optional real-time camera allows the analysis area to be viewed within software, thereby providing the operator with complete certainty and control over the sample being measured and analyzed.
Traditional WDXRF Analytical Capabilities
The same analytical capabilities of a traditional instrument are retained in this "large sample" variant. These capabilities include a high resolution and precision analysis of elements ranging from beryllium (Be) to uranium (U) using WDXRF spectroscopy, as well as samples that are solids, liquids, powders and even thin films that are in the composition sizes ranging from ppm to tens of percent, as well as a wide range of thicknesses from sub Å to mm.
The diffraction peak interference rejection is also available to achieve optimal results for single-crystal substrates. The Rigaku ZSX Primus 400 wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WD-XRF) spectrometer complies with industry standards SEMI and CE.
ZSX Primus 400 Applications
- Sputtering target composition
- Isolation films: SiO2, BPSG, PSG, AsSG, Si₃N₄, SiOF, SiON, etc.
- High-k and ferro-dielectric films: PZT, BST, SBT, Ta₂O₅, HfSiOx
- Metal films: Al-Cu-Si, W, TiW, Co, TiN, TaN, Ta-Al, Ir, Pt, Ru, Au, Ni, etc.
- Electrode films: doped poly-Si (dopant: B, N, O, P, As), amorphous-Si, WSix, Pt, etc.
- Other doped films (As, P), trapped inert gas (Ne, Ar, Kr, etc.), C (DLC)
- Ferroelectric thin films, FRAM, MRAM, GMR, TMR; PCM, GST, GeTe
- Solder bump composition: SnAg, SnAgCuNi
- MEMS: thickness and composition of ZnO, AlN, PZT
- SAW device process: thickness and composition of AlN, ZnO, ZnS, SiO2 (piezo film); Al, AlCu, AlSc, AlTi (electrode film)
ZSX Primus 400 Accessories
- Sample camera with special lighting to allow for ease of view of the analysis point
- Diffraction interference rejection provides accurate results for single-crystal substrates
- Fundamental Parameters software for the analysis of thin films
- Large sample analysis
- ~ 400 mm in diameter
- ~ 50 mm in thickness
- ~ 30 kg in mass)
- Sample adapter system
- Adaptable to various sample sizes
- Measurement spot
- Diameter range of 30 mm - 0.5 mm
- 5-step automatic selection
- Mapping capability provides multipoint measurements
- Optional sample view camera
- General purpose
- Analyze elements ranging from Be - U
- Elemental range: ppm to %
- Thickness range: sub Å to mm
- Optional diffraction interference rejection
- Accurate results for single-crystal substrates
- Compliance with industry standards
- Small footprint
- 50% footprint of the previous model
ZSX Primus 400 Specifications
||4Be – 92U
||End window type, Rh-anode
|High voltage generator
||High frequency inverter system
Max. Rating: 4 kW, 60 kV – 150 mA
||Maximum sample size
||400 mm diameter, 50 mm height, ≤30 kg.
Optional adapters are available for various size
samples with irregular shapes.
|Primary X-ray filters
||Automatic exchanger (Max. 7 filter)
Ni400, Ni40, Al125, Al25 (standard)
Ti, Sn (Diff action interference rejection, optional)
Be30 (Protection of X-ray tube, optional)
|Analysis area diaphragm
||30, 20, 10, 1, 0.5 mm φ
||Maximum 10 crystals
||Heavy elements: SC
Light elements: F-PC
||3 phase 200/208 V 50 A,
Single phase 100-240 V 50/60 Hz (PC)
||Independent ground with resistance less than 30 Ω
||Quality: Equivalent to drinking water
Temperature: Lower than 30 ˚C
Pressure: 0.29-0.49 MPa
Flow: More than 5 L/min
||15-28 °C with daily variation within ±2 ˚C
||Lower than 75% RH
||Lower than human sensitive level
||Ar 90% Methane 10% Mixture gas pressure 0.15 MPa
Wavelength Dispersive XRF Spectrometer - ZSX Primus 400