The Miniflex XpC is an X-ray diffractometer designed specifically for quality control in cement plants and other operations requiring online process control such as pharmaceuticals and batteries. It has been optimized for speed and accuracy, bringing lab-quality performance to the manufacturing floor.
Image Credit: Rigaku
With this in mind, the MiniFlex XpC allows you to process more samples faster, and to gain greater control over your process to ensure consistent quality of your final product. The system is characterized by streamlined operation, rapid analysis with pass/fail evaluation, and the ability to automate and integrate with other complementary analytical instruments. The MiniFlex XpC offers the performance level of much larger systems, in the world’s smallest footprint for an online XRD.
Key Design Features
Analytical speed and accuracy are paramount in industrial operations. These factors have been addressed in the design of the MiniFlex XpC by using:
- A newly design compact, 800 W high-flux X-ray source, and power supply
- World’s largest area/high-throughput 1D detector, enabling higher-intensity data collection
- Optimized θ / θ sample geometry that maintains a horizontal sample orientation
- Streamlined user interface
- Compatibility with sample loading robots or conveyors
- Compact design that can easily be incorporated into existing operations
- A recently patented variable-width scattering slit minimizing background at lower angles
- Sample spinner that negates the effects of preferred orientation
- Uses industry-standard steel ring sample holders
In addition to sample loading automation, Rigaku has introduced EasyX, a simplified user interface that allows operators of any skill level to measure and obtain results in as few as three clicks. Built on the same comprehensive platform that underpins Rigaku’s most sophisticated XRDs like the SmartLab, EasyX provides simplified access to the functionalities required for routine QC workflows, including automated pass/fail analysis.
A user-friendly graphical user interface accessible via the optional touchscreen allows simple operation of the instrument as well as interpretation of the results.
The MiniFlex XpC has the smallest footprint (0.9 m2) of any instrument in its class. This specification includes the touchscreen user interface.
Online Quality Control
A newly developed sample loader makes the MiniFlex XpC ideal for QC operations. For applications with higher throughput levels, the system can be integrated with a sample loading robot or a conveyor.