The Rigaku NEX OL features 3rd generation energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) technology, and represents the next evolution of process elemental analysis for liquid stream and fixed position web or coil applications. The process analyzer is developed to span from heavy industrial through to food grade process gauging solutions and can be used in both classified and non-classified areas.
In order to deliver superior analytical performance and reliability, the EDXRF measuring head assembly was derived from the established Rigaku NEX QC and high resolution benchtop instrument. The instrument offers rapid, non-destructive, multi-element analyses from parts-per-million (ppm) levels to high weight percent (wt%) concentrations for elements from aluminum (13Al) through uranium (92U). The NEX OL is equipped with a 50 kV X-ray tube and SDD detector along with a standardized, optimized suite of tube filters and is designed to solve a broad range of process control applications.
For elemental analysis of liquid streams, an analyzing head is mated to a unique toolless flow cell assembly incorporating the X-ray window . The X-ray window includes the liquid stream but is transparent to X-rays and is typically a plastic film.
Along with analyzing liquid streams, the Rigaku NEX OL is designed to service web and coil applications, with the ability to perform multi-element composition and/or coating thickness. Typically a head is mounted in a fixed position over a roller so that the head to surface distance is constant.
The key features of the NEX OL are:
- Real-time process control by elemental analysis
- Measure elements aluminum (13Al) to uranium (92U)
- From ppm levels to weight percent (wt%) concentrations
- Robust Rigaku NEX QC+ optical kernel with SDD detector
- Industrial touch screen user interface
- Easy empirical calibration and routine operation
- Routine maintenance typically requires no tools
- Multiple remote analysis heads for non-classifi ed areas
- No dangerous radioisotopes