The AZX 400 sequential wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF) spectrometer from Rigaku is specifically designed for handling heavy or large samples. The system can accept samples up to 400mm diameter, 50mm thick and 30kg in weight and is suitable for analyzing sputtering targets, magnetic disks, multilayer film metrology or elemental analysis of large samples.
The AZX 400 can be adapted to a range of sample shapes and sizes using made to order, optional inserts. With a variable measurement spot (30mm to 0.5mm diameter with 5-step automatic selection) and mapping capability with multi-point measurements for checking sample uniformity, this innovative instrument can streamline quality control processes considerably. It has an optional real-time camera for enabling the analysis point to be seen on screen.
The key features of the AZX 400 WDXRF spectrometer are:
- Measurement spot -30mm to 0.5mm diameter and 5-step automatic selection
- Mapping capability – Enables multipoint measurements
- Sample view camera (option)
- General purpose – Can analyze Be to U, has an elemental range of ppm to % and thickness range of sub Å to mm
- Diffraction interference rejection (option) – Ensures accurate results for single-crystal substrates
- Compliance with industry standards - SEMI, CE marking