The new Rigaku NEX DE is a premium benchtop Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (EDXRF) elemental analyzer, offering extensive elemental coverage along with Windows®-based QuantEZ software, which is easy to understand. The NEX DE can non-destructively analyze sodium (Na) through to uranium (U) in all kinds of matrix, from solids and alloys, to slurries, liquids and powders.
XRF Elemental Analysis in the Lab, Plant or Field
The NEX DE is designed and engineered for heavy industrial applications, from remote field environments or on the plant floor. The device can be used in a wide range of applications due to its flexibility, enhanced analytical power, and ease-of-use. The NEX DE is used in production monitoring and industrial applications. It is also suitable for use in education, research, bulk RoHS inspection, and exploration. The NEX DE meets the requirements for basic quality control (QC), statistical process control like Six Sigma, quality assurance (QA), and analytical quality control (AQC). It is considered to be the appropriate choice for carrying out regular elemental analysis by XRF because of its high performance.
XRF with SDD Detector and 60 kV X-ray Tube
The Peltier cooled FAST SDD® Silicon Drift Detector and the 60 kV X-ray tube provide long-term reproducibility and enhanced short-term repeatability, with superior element peak resolution. The high voltage capability of 60 kV, with multiple automated X-ray tube filters and high emission current, delivers low limits-of-detection (LOD) and can be used in a wide variety of versatile XRF applications.
XRF Options: Standardless FP, Helium, Vacuum, and Autosampler
The XRF options cover a wide range of automatic sample changers, fundamental parameters, a vacuum atmosphere for improved light element sensitivity, and sample spinner and helium purge.
The main features of the NEX DE include:
- Standardless fundamental parameters software (optional)
- Unmatched performance-to-price ratio
- High-performance FAST SDD® detector to improve counting statistics
- Powerful QuantEZ Windows®-based software
- 60 kV X-ray tube for wide elemental coverage
- Analyze 11Na to 92U non-destructively
- RPF-SQX fundamental parameters software (optional)
- Multiple automated tube filters for improved sensitivity
- Thin films, powders, alloys, liquids, and solids
- 12 W max power
- Seven tube filter positions
- 10 mm collimator
- High spectral resolution with very high count rates
- Peltier thermo-electric cooling
- Large 30.5 (W) X 30.5 (D) x 10.5 (H) cm chamber
- Single position 40 mm sample aperture
- Single position 32 mm sample aperture
- 10-position 40 mm automatic sample chamber
- 15-position 32 mm automatic sample changer
- Single position 32 mm sample spinner
- 9-position 50 mm automatic sample chamber
- Analysis in air, helium, or vacuum (single position)
- Simple flow bar wizard to create new applications
- User selectable shaping times
A brief overview is provided about at-line testing of gold in impregnated stripping solutions during the electrowinning procedure.
The cyanide leaching method is often used by gold ore processors to recover trace amounts of gold. After leaching the gold from the ore, it is generally absorbed onto activated carbon in processes, like Carbon Column (CC), Carbon-in-Leach (CIL), or Carbon-in-Pulp (CIP). As soon as the gold is absorbed, it is removed from the carbon and the impregnated stripping solution is introduced to the electrowinning process where electrolysis is used to recover the gold. At-line measurement of gold in the stripping solution allows operators to easily and rapidly measure when the solution is stripped of gold. This considerably enhances the efficiency of the plant.
The solutions can be determined by using the Rigaku NEX DE energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) elemental analyzer, which provides a simple and cost-effective at-line analytical method. Results can be obtained by non-technical operators in just 100 to 300 seconds, without the requirement of technical knowledge or complicated sample preparation and sample conditioning.