Rigaku's NEX XT is an advanced process gauge for high-level total sulfur measurement (0.02% to 6% S) of crude, bunker fuel, fuel oils, and other highly viscous hydrocarbons, including residuums.
This compact, versatile and rugged X-ray Transmission / Absorption (XRT / XRA) process gauge is specifically optimized for the total sulfur analysis needs of refineries, pipelines, blending operations, bunkering terminals and other storage facilities.
X-ray Transmission (XRT) gauging has been an accepted technique for measuring total sulfur in heavy hydrocarbon process streams. The Rigaku NEX XT XRT process analyzer whether used for crude oil blending, pipeline switching or to blend or assay marine and bunker fuels is well suited to rigorous process environments, with pressures up to 1480psi and temperature up to 200°C.
The key features of the NEX XT Process Sulfur Gauge are:
- Compact design with no routine maintenance
- Up to 1480 psig and 200°C
- User adjustable data update frequency
- Reduced standards requirements
- No sample condition or recovery system
- No radioisotopes
The applications of the NEX XT process sulfur gauge are:
- Pipelines, upgrading facilities and refineries
- The new Rigaku NEX XT system is faster, more sensitive and far more compact than competitive systems and provides continuous, reliable detection of sulfur at pressures up to 1480 psig and 200°C.
- Rigaku NEX XT can operate as a stand-alone analyzer or provide real time closed loop control when tied into a blending or plant wide automation system.
- Due to its unique design and robust construction, sample conditioning and recovery systems are typically not required.