Epsilon Model 3580 high temperature diametral extensometers can perform diametral or transverse strain measurements at elevated temperatures of up to 1000°C.
They measure diametral strains with induction heating systems or furnaces equipped with a side entry slot for an extensometer.
The extensometer is often directly installed onto the side entry slot of furnaces. In areas where furnace mounting is unfeasible, the extensometer can be supported with optional load frame mounting brackets. These optional mounts are employed with furnace systems or induction heating.
With a proprietary, rugged dual flexure design, the Model 3580 can perform high temperature testing of composites, ceramics, and metals with quartz rods and water-cooling. Water-cooling is not required in the case of induction heating.
As strain gauged devices, the Model 3580 extensometers can be used with any electronics engineered for strain gauged transducers.
They are most often coupled to a test machine controller. For these extensometers, the signal conditioning electronics are generally incorporated to the test machine controller or may often be attached.
In this case, the extensometer is provided with the proper connector and wiring for direct plugging into the electronics.
Epsilon offers a range of solutions for systems devoid of the required electronics, enabling connection of the extensometer output to equipment, including chart recorders and data acquisition boards.
The following are the key features of the Model 3580 extensometers:
- Full bridge, 350Ω strain gauged design for compatibility with nearly any test system
- May be left on through specimen failure
- All standard units have linearity readings of 0.15% or better
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance
- Much stronger than single flexure designs, enabling cyclic testing at higher frequencies
- Each unit comes with a spare set of quartz rods, universal water-cooled mounting bracket and a foam lined storage case
- Special rods are available for 1200 °C temperature testing or 1000 °C creep testing
- Versions available for use in vacuum environments upon request
Epsilon MODEL 3580 High Temperature Diametral Extensometers
Model 3580 mounted to split furnace
Model 3580 Available Versions
The Model 3580 extensometer is available in any combination of temperature range and measuring range as shown below:
Epsilon also offers other configurations upon special order.
The following options are available with the Model 3580 extensometer:
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand test equipment
- Special rods are available for large specimens
- Model 2050 constant temperature water re-circulating bath
- Special rods are available for 1000°C creep testing or 1200 °C temperature testing