The model 3442RA1 miniature averaging axial extensometers from Epsilon are strain gaged devices used for performing tensile or compressive strength tests on concrete, small rocks, and other small compression samples.
Using the model 3442RA1 extensometer, axial strain measurement is performed on the opposite sides of the test specimen. The average of two readings provides the output. The extensometer comes in different gauge lengths ranging from 25 to 50mm, and measuring ranges from 1.2 to 2.5mm for samples with 50mm or even smaller diameter.
The model 3442RA1 can be easily mounted and is self-supporting on the test sample. It features conical point contacts that are made out of tungsten carbide. Based on the requirements, the two cut-outs can be separately configured to provide two readings. Epsilon offers a different version for oil applications involving operating pressure of 20,000psi at 400°F.
The model 3442RA1 extensometers are suitable for small inside diameter vessels, while the Model 3542RA averaging axial extensometers are recommended for large diameter specimens.
The model 3442RA1 extensometers can be used along with any electronics developed for strain gaged transducers. They are joined to a test machine controller, which includes the signal conditioning electronics designed for the extensometer.
Using the proper connector and wiring, the electronics can be directly linked to the extensometer. The system without the desired electronics makes use of Epsilon's different solutions to connect the output to the chart recorders, data acquisition boards, or other devices.
Different Types of Model 3442RA1
The model 3442RA1 extensometers are available in different gauge length, temperature, and measuring ranges as shown below:
The main features of the model 3442RA1 extensometers include:
- Self-supporting on the test sample
- Integral springs ensure easy mounting
- Full bridge, 350Ω strain gaged design provides compatibility with any test system
- Highly accurate averaging output or optional dual independent outputs
- High quality foam lined case
- Designed for smaller diameter specimens
- Rugged, dual flexure design provides high strength and performance
- Standard units meet the requirements of ASTM class B-1 and ISO 9513, class 0,5 for improved accuracy
Epsilon MODEL 3442RA1 Miniature Averaging Axial Extensometers
Model 3442RA1-0200-050T-ST with 2 inch gauge length and ±0.050 inch measuring range
The following are some of the optional features provided with the model 3442RA1 extensometers:
- Connectors interface the extensometer to any test devices
- Dual, independent outputs