Epsilon MODEL 3442 miniature extensometers are compact, robust, and ultra-light weight devices designed for testing tiny and fine samples including thin sheet and wire materials.
It can be used for biomedical tests and also ideal for testing low cycle fatigue where short samples need to be utilized.
These compact extensometers weigh only 8g, and have low operating force which leads to low contact force and low impact on specimen.
The proprietary dual flexure design of the 3442 extensometers gives them a rigid look for their size.
The height of most of the extensometers is 0.6in, and hence they can easily fit into the small gaps between grips that are formed while using small test samples.
The 3442 extensometers are strain gaged instruments that are compatible with any electronics used in strain gaged transducers. A test machine controller is often included with signal conditioning electronics. In such cases, the extensometer comes with a proper connector and wiring to be directly connected to the electronics.
Epsilon provides different solutions for systems that lack the necessary electronics, thereby enabling connection between the extensometer output, data acquisition boards, chart recorders, or other equipment.
The Model 3442 is available in different measuring ranges, gauge length, and temperature ranges. Other configuration can be availed on special request.
Epsilon MODEL 3442 Miniature Extensometers
Model 3442 with 0.25 inch gauge length and 100% measuring range
Model 3442 with 8 mm gauge length and ±20%-10% measuring range
Model 3442 with 1 inch gauge length and 5% measuring range. Special order
Model 3442 with 6 mm gauge length and 10% measuring range
Model 3442 with 10 mm gauge length and 400% measuring range. Special order
The main features of the MODEL 3442 miniature extensometers include:
- Rugged, dual flexure design for high-strength and efficient performance. It also enables cyclic testing at higher frequencies
- Replaceable arms and spacers ensure easy repair and provides an ability to change the gauge length as per the test requirements
- High quality foam lined case
- High and low temperature options improves the operating range from -265°C (-450°F) to +200°C (400°F)
- Easily replaceable hardened tool steel knife edges in addition to a spare set
- Standard units satisfy the requirements of ASTM class B-1 and ISO 9513, class 0,5 for accuracy
- Mechanical overtravel stops in both directions
- Allows measurement of both tension and compression
- Full bridge, 350Ω strain gaged design compatible with most of the test systems
- May be left on through specimen failure
Some of the optional features include:
- Stainless steel knife edges and special coatings for biomedical testing applications
- Connectors interface to any test equipment
- Adapter kits are provided to help change gauge lengths
Model 3442 Available Versions
The combinations of measuring range, gauge length and temperature range listed in the flowchart are available. Other configurations are available on special request.