The Model 3560 Extensometer from Epsilon is a single integral unit that can be configured to provide lateral (transverse) strain and averaged axial strain measurement simultaneously. Also available in the form of an averaged axial extensometer, this device features a specific design with parallel knife edges during displacement.
The design of the extensometer minimizes the crosstalk between axes to a large extent thereby ensuring effective use on both flat as well as round specimens. The parallel multiple flexure design of the extensometer provides durability, and the unit is held on the test sample by means of integral springs.
The Model 3560 is easy to mount and best-suited for the analysis of anisotropic materials including advanced composites and for general purpose tests such as evaluation of Poisson's ratio. It reads axial strain only and provides a single averaged output.
It can be provided with two separate outputs, resulting from the measurement of each side of the specimen. This kind of setup may be required when there is a need to bend the specimen.
The Model 3560BIA, another version of axial/bi-axial averaging extensometers consists of both the transverse strain and averaged axial strain. This can also be configured as dual independent axial readings resulting in a three channel extensometer.
In general, the Model 3560 extensometers are strain gaged devices compatible with any kind of electronics present in strain gaged transducers. They are often connected to a test machine controller consisting of the signal conditioning electronics. In some cases, the signal conditioning electronics can be added to the extensometer via the connector and wiring.
However, Epsilon offers various solutions for system without the required electronics, enabling the extensometer output to be directly linked with chart recorders, data acquisition boards or other equipment.
Model 3560 Available Versions
The Model 3560 is available in any combination of temperature range, measuring range and gauge length as shown below:
The main features of the Model 3560 extensometer include:
- Self-supporting on the specimen
- Rugged, dual flexure design improves performance
- Standard units satisfy the requirements of ASTM class B-1 and ISO 9513, class 0,5 for tension accuracy
- High quality foam lined case
- Spare set of tool steel knife edges
- Knife edge mounting and parallel displacement enables mounting on flat or round specimens
- High accuracy and minimal crosstalk between channels
- Full bridge, 350ohm strain gaged design compatible with any test system
- Different combinations of dual flexures and mechanical stops enable testing through failure and ensure a rugged unit
- Optional connectors interface to all test equipments
Epsilon MODEL 3560 Bi-Axial or Axial Averaging Extensometers
Model 3560 with 25 mm gauge length
Model 3560 close-up detail