The 3590 very high resolution calibrator from Epsilon features 20 nm (0.8 µin) resolution and has 50 mm (2”) of measuring range. The 3590VHR is supplied with software to display the calibrator readings and optional netbook PC or digital display. This calibrator meets the resolution and accuracy requirements for ASTM E83 Class B-1 for a 6 mm gauge length and greater extensometers and ISO 9513 Class 0,5 over the full measuring range of the calibrator.
The 3590VHR uses a coarse adjustment screw for large displacements, which is coupled with a fine adjustment screw that allows fine adjustment to within approximately 0.025 µ (about 1 µin). When it is time to calibrate the extensometers, these calibrators are easier to use and quicker compared to others available on the market. They have sufficient measuring range to calibrate almost all extensometers and enough resolution to calibrate units with low measuring ranges.
The software that is provided reads in both millimeters and inches. The autozero function is highly useful for calibrating. Simply activate it to start readings from zero. The digital display minimizes operator error.
A broad range of adapters are available. The calibrator is supplied with smooth round adapters of 9.52 mm (0.375”) diameter. Special adapters can be supplied upon request.
An optional extension post is available for very long gauge length extensometers. The calibrator is provided with a calibration that is traceable to NPL (UK standards organization).
The company offers 36 Extensometer models with thousands of variations. The company’s focus on helping customers has led to the development of many models to cover virtually any test method.
Operation of these and all of Epsilon’s extensometers are verified to applicable standards such as ISO 9513 or ASTM E83 using in-house calibration systems. These systems are calibrated with Epsilon’s laser interferometer system.
The company has 20+ years history of service for the materials testing community, and will be there to stand behind their products when the user’s critical application requires it.
The key features of the 3590VHR are as follows:
- System fully calibrated traceable to NPL (UK standards organization)
- Scale calibration traceable to NIST
- Uses the same adapters as the model 3590 and 3590HR calibrators
- Readings taken on the PC with included software may be save to a data file
- Foam-lined storage case is provided
- Software for Windows-based PC provided; a PC with a USB port is required
- Optional Netbook PC or stand-alone digital readout display
The key specifications of the 3590VHR are as follows:
- Measuring range: 50 mm (2”) maximum displacement
- Meets ASTM E83 Class B-1 for a 6 mm gauge length and greater extensometers and ISO 9513 Class 0,5 over the full measuring range of the calibrator
- Resolution: 20 nm (0.8 µin)
- Maximum range: 0 - 125 mm (0 - 5”) (maximum gauge length + displacement)*
- Accuracy: ±0.19 µm (±7.5 µin) over any 0.12 mm (0.00475”) range
- Weight: 3.6 kg (8 lbs) (standard configuration)
- Temperature range: 18 °C to 28 °C (64 °F to 82 °F) operation**, -10 °C to 60 °C (14 °F to 140 °F) storage
- Relative humidity: <90% (Non-condensing)
- Adapters: Ø9.52 mm (0.375”) posts included*
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 interface, self-powered
- CE certified
- EMC compliance: BS EN 61326-1: 2006
- Environmental: EU Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
* Other options available upon request
** Recommended range
The following are the options available with the 3590VHR are as follows:
- Digital readout display
- Optional extensometer adapter sets and extension posts:
- 3590-01 smooth round posts, 6.35 mm (0.25”) diameter
- 3590-02 adapters for flat specimens
- 3590-03 adapters for clip-on fracture mechanics gages
- 3590-04 transverse extensometer adapter (Model 3560)
- 3590-11 transverse extensometer adapters (Models 3575AVG, 3575, 3475, 3580, 3565, 3911 and 3975)
- 3590-05 circumferential extensometer adapters (Model 3544)
- 3590-06 adapters for large averaging extensometers (Models 3442RA and 3542RA)
- 3590-07 100 mm (4”) extension post for long gauge length extensometers
- 3590-55-10 250 mm (10”) extension post for long gauge length extensometers
- 3590-55-24 600 mm (24”) extension post for long gauge length extensometers
3590VHR Very High Resolution Digital Electronic Calibrators