The 3575AVG extensometers from Epsilon are capable of measuring r-values in sheet metal testing. These extensometers average the lateral strain at two locations.
They are basically strain gaged devices, making them suitable for use with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers.
The extensometers are self- supporting on the sample, and with its rounded contact edges are capable of measuring the sample at two locations.
As the test sample is withdrawn, the contact edges track the part of the sample they were mounted on, measuring lateral strain on the sample at the same location throughout the test.
The extensometers have a single output, which is the average of the two lateral measurements.
The 3575AVG extensometers are utilized with a 2in or 50mm gauge length 3542 extensometer, which measures the axial strain.
The 3575AVG can be linked to a test machine controller. The signal conditioning electronics for the extensometer is generally included with the test machine controller.
In this case, the extensometer is provided with the proper connector and wiring to plug directly into the electronics.
For units not possessing the required electronics, Epsilon assists by providing several solutions, thereby allowing the extensometer output to be connected to chart recorders, data acquisition boards, or other equipment.
Single clip-on unit directly measures lateral strain as an average of two locations. They help to greatly speed up testing and enable digital data collection compared to manual measurements.
The main features of the Epsilon 3575AVG sheet metal r-value extensometers include:
- May be left on through specimen failure
- All basic units have linearity readings of 0.15% or more
- High quality foam lined case and spare set of tool steel knife edges
- Measuring range of 0.075in or 2mm (specify)
- Full bridge, 350Ω strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system
- Sturdy, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance
- Much more stronger than single flexure designs
- Can be used simultaneously with the 3542 axial extensometer
- Self-supporting on the specimen
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand test equipment optional
Epsilon MODEL 3575AVG Sheet Metal r-Value Extensometers
Models 3575AVG and 3542 extensometers
Model 3575AVG extensometer
Different Types of Model 3575AVG extensometers
The 3575AVG extensometers are available in any combination of measuring range and temperature range listed below: