TA Instruments’ DTC-300 thermal conductivity meter is designed specifically to determine the thermal conductivity of a wide range of materials, such as rubbers, glasses, polymers, composites, ceramics, certain metals, and other materials having low-to-medium thermal conductivity.
The DTC-300 requires only a small amount of test sample. Liquids, pastes, and other non-solids can be tested with special containers. In addition, thin films can be accurately tested by means of a multi-layer method. All tests comply with the ASTM E1530 Standard.
For sub-ambient testing, the DTC-300 thermal conductivity meter comes with an airtight compartment to keep the atmosphere moisture-free with dry air purge. A standard test takes 45 to 60 minutes to complete at a specific temperature. The system is provided with three operating range modules, with each covering a different thermal resistance region. The modules are also field-exchangeable.
The main features of the DTC-300 thermal conductivity meter are:
- Guarded heat flow meter
- -20°C to 300°C
- Fully computerized operation
- Solids, liquids, and pastes can be tested
- Filled polymers
- Flexible temperature and specimen options
- Operating range modules are field-exchangeable
- Each system includes Windows™ operating and data analysis software
- Factory calibrated using samples of known thermal resistance
- Tests conform to ASTM E1530 Standard