The DIL 831, packed with new automated features, is available with the patented 1 nm resolution optical encoder, the new linear sample load motor and a family of new dynamic furnaces. The result is considered to be the best performing horizontal single sample push-rod dilatometer that is commercially available on the market.
An instrument offering Scientists the perfect tool for R&D laboratories to measure the linear thermal expansion and then to calculate the Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) of glasses, high performance materials, ceramics, polymers, alloys and metals with great accuracy. Features include:
- Automatic recording of the initial sample length
- Linear motor for a sample load range of 0.01 to 1.00 N, with a force resolution of 0.01 N and linearity better than 0.01 N across the total measuring range of 5000 µm, to ensure the correct sample load irrespective of the material tested.
- Patented optical incremental encoder capable of bringing length measurement resolution down to a best in class 1 nm, and allowing the measurement of shorter samples yet preserving an exceptional ΔL resolution. Its newly designed measuring head housing and the active electrical thermal stabilization guarantee unparalleled stability of the detection core. This, incorporated with the unique design of TA Instruments furnaces, results in a zero temperature-gradient across the specimen and an industry leading CTE accuracy for single sample push rod dilatometers of 0.03 x 10-6 K-1.
- Water cooled furnaces offering a very dynamic temperature programming with a maximum heating rate of 50 K/min and industry unmatched cool down time of 13 minutes from 1000 °C to room temperature. This is up to 15 times shorter than competitive instruments.
- Integrated electronics offering network connection, while the integrated touch screen permits users to perform a number of functions directly on the instrument and shows, in real time, measurement parameters and the time-to-completion of the test.
||Single sample horizontal push rod
|Sample dimension length / diameter
||0 to 25 mm / 12 mm
|Material of sample holder
||Fused silica, Al2O3
||0.01 – 1.0 N
|Change of length range
||1 nm, 0.05 °C
|Accuracy in α
||0.03 x 10-6 K-1
||Vacuum, Inert gas, Air
optional gas unit with massflow controller and vacuum unit
||RT – 1100 °C
RT – 1500 °C
RT – 1700 °C
||1100 °C – RT: minimum 13 min
1500 °C – RT: less than one hour
1700 °C – RT: approximately one hour
Polymers, glasses, building materials, ceramics, high performance materials, metals, alloys. Ideal to be used joined to Laser Flash instrumentation
Academia, Building Materials, Glass, Automotive, Defense, Metals and non-metals Industry, Aerospace, Advanced Ceramics, Electronics and micro-electronics, Renewable energies
DIL 830 Series High Resolution Horizontal Dilatometers