The DSC 25P is a purpose-built Pressure DSC module that outputs heat flow measurements on pressure sensitive materials. The Discovery DSC 25P has a wide variety of uses including: studying thermal transitions, chemical reactions and oxidative stability/ decomposition under vacuum, standard atmospheric pressure and elevated pressures.
It operates by measuring a materials’ heat flow in a range of inert, oxidizing or reducing atmospheres. The DSC 25P has a pressure range of 1 Pa to 7 MPa (0.0001 to 1,000 psi), and tests can be undertaken using static or dynamic purge (constant volume or constant pressure), or even under atmospheric and elevated pressures from ambient to 550 °C.
With the optional Quench Cooling Accessory for the FACS, the operational temperature range can be extended to down to -130 °C.
Discovery Pressure DSC 25P Features and Benefits
- Fusion CellTM with a pressure transducer, fixed pedestal mounted sensor, rugged silver furnace, Tzero thermocouple, and temperature-controlled electronics. The DSC 25P Fusion Cell design guarantees precise temperature control and stable heat flow baseline performance
- One Touch AwayTM “App” Style Touchscreen to effortlessly monitor real time signals, including pressure, temperature and time
- Modulated DSC (MDSC®) under pressure conditions for separation of complex thermal events and monitoring of changes in specific heat capacity
- TRIOS for versatile software control and data analysis
- The industry’s sole 5-year cell and furnace warranty
The Discovery DSC 25P can be used these ASTM and other standards:
- E537 – Thermal Stability of Chemicals by Differential Scanning Calorimetry
- E 1782 – Determining Vapor Pressure by Thermal Analysis
- D1858 – Determining Oxidation Induction Time of Hydrocarbons by DSC
- D2009 – Oxidation Onset Temperature of Hydrocarbons by DSC
- D5885 – Oxidative Induction Time of Polyolefin GeoSynthetics by High Pressure DSC
- D6186 – Oxidation Induction Time of Lubricating Oils by Pressure DSC
- D8117 – Oxidative Induction Time of Polyolefin Geosynthetics by DSC
High Pressure Differential Scanning Calorimeter - Discovery DSC 25P