The FOX 50 Heat Flow Meter from TA Instruments is a microprocessor-based instrument for testing materials in the conductivity range of 0.1 W/mK to 10 W/mK.
The FOX 50 Heat Flow Meter is an easy-to-use, accurate instrument for measuring thermal conductivity and delivers fast results in a compact footprint. The instrument is configured with the same high performance features and proprietary technologies of the larger FOX systems including thin film heat flux transducers, responsive temperature control, digital thickness measurements as well as an integrated contact-resistance correction.
Covering a broad range of temperatures, the FOX 50 is a perfect choice for measurements of medium-conductivity materials such as plastics, glasses, concrete, composites, ceramics and more.
- Conforms to ASTM C518 and ISO 8301
- Compact size and cost-effective system for thermal conductivity measurements
- Solid state cooling/heating for precise temperature control
- Proprietary thin film heat flux transducers for the most representative sample heat flow measurement
- Optical encoder for the most accurate digital measurement of sample thickness
- Robust WinTherm-50 software for improved testing functionality including heat capacity
- Pyrex reference standards for calibration and verification. Accurate results can be produced for years between calibrations.
- Interfacial resistance correction (two-thickness method)
- Automatic sample feeder for high-throughput analyses
- Optional software for specific heat measurements of solids and liquids
- Optional liquid cell for testing of fluids
||51 mm (2")
-10 °C – 110 °C FOX 50
0 °C – 190 °C FOX 50 VHS
||± 0.01 °C
|Thermal Conductivity Range
||0.1 to 10 W/(mK)
(0.633 to 60.3 BTU in/hr ft2 °F)
|Thermal Resistance Range
||0.003 to 0.05 m2K/W
|Heat Flux Transducers Area
||25 x 25 mm (1 sq. in.)
||250 mm width, 170 mm depth, 360 mm height
||115 V or 220 V, 50/60 Hz