With the Discovery TMA 450 from TA Instruments, users can experience the best in thermomechanical analyzers. A TMA measures dimensional changes of materials as a function of time, temperature, and applied force. The Discovery TMA 450 precisely measures dimensional change from -150 to 1000°C with unparalleled sensitivity and reproducibility. Outfitted with an extensive range of fixtures, it handles a variety of sample configurations for testing in expansion, compression, flexure and tension modes of deformation. While the Advanced testing capabilities, which includes TA’s industry-leading Modulated TMATM, Dynamic TMA, and Creep/Stress Relaxation, extend capabilities to empower scientists and engineers with even more valuable information about the mechanical behavior of materials.
Features and Benefits
- Wide-range, high-resolution measurement transducer holds sample lengths of up to 26 mm and has a measuring range of ±2.5 mm with resolution as low as 15 nm to precisely measure dimensional change
- Non-contact, friction-free motor offers forces from 0.001 N to 2 N, allowing measurements on the broadest collection of samples ranging from soft compressible elastomers to stiff composite materials
- A Mechanical Cooling Accessory (MCA 70) offers controlled cooling to −70 °C without the cost or hassle of liquid nitrogen
- Highly developed testing modes of Modulated TMA (MTMA™), Dynamic TMA, Creep, and Stress Relaxation extends material characterization potentials
- Powerful TRIOS software delivers incomparable user experience and ease of use in a combined package for data analysis, instrument control, and reporting, thereby decreasing training times and elevating productivity to new levels
- TA Instruments’ committed to quality is backed byby the industry’s ONLY five-year furnace warranty that ensures peace of mind
- New, innovative, “app-style” touch screen enables instrument operation in just One-Touch-Away™, thereby improving ease of use functionality
With the growing demands for higher performing materials to satisfy the requirements of challenging applications, insights into the response of a material to its environment are more vital than ever. The Discovery TMA 450 complies with and exceeds industry standards for testing, and delivers information about the material’s coefficient of linear thermal expansion (CTE), softening, glass transition temperatures, shrinkage, etc.
The advanced options can be used to achieve viscoelastic properties such as the creep, stress relaxation, material’s stiffness (Modulus), and damping properties (tan delta). The TMA 450 is predominantly helpful for determining these material properties locally, particularly in manufactured components or assemblies where compatibility of materials is vital.
Thermomechanical Analyzer—Discovery™ TMA 450
Mechanical Cooling System