TA Instruments’ RPA elite rubber process analyzer (RPA) is an advanced rotorless rotational shear rheometer designed to handle the complete characterization of rubber, rubber compounds, and polymers at every manufacturing stage.
The RPA elite provides viscoelastic data on materials that are uncured (via a curing process) and in situ cured materials. The device comprises an ultra-rigid test frame, ultra-stiff wide-range torque transducer, high-resolution variable direct drive motor, and precision temperature control functions to provide precise torque, viscosity and viscoelastic properties of elastomers over a wide range of testing conditions.
The highly flexible structure of the RPA elite allows for high level testing capabilities such as large amplitude oscillatory shear (LAOS), complete post cure viscoelastic characterization, fully programmable sealing pressure, and arbitrary waveform deformations.
The main features of the RPA elite rubber process analyzer are listed below:
- High resolution variable direct drive motor for 100% strain control
- Proprietary high stiffness, wide torque range transducer with high sensitivity for noise-free data
- Rigid test frame for precise, compliance-free data
- Completely programmable testing parameters and processes including strain, frequency, time, temperature, and sealing pressure
- Autosampler is available for automatic operation
- Wide range and combination of tests and testing conditions are provided
- User calibration and user replaceable seals
- Pneumatic locking cylinders with adjustable platen closing force and pressure sensor