PerkinElmer’s NexION® 5000 multi-quadrupole ICP-MS system is the first of its kind to include four quads. The system features a state-of-the-art design that fulfills and surpasses the demanding trace-elemental testing needs of biomonitoring, semiconductor, and other applications.
The system pushes ICP-MS performance above high-resolution ICP-MS and conventional triple-quad technology to provide remarkably low background equivalent concentrations (<1 ppt, even in hot plasma) and excellent detection limits, key to guaranteeing repeatable and precise results.
The NexION 5000 ICP-MS offers excellent interference removal, unparalleled matrix tolerance, exceptional stability, as well as outstanding background equivalent concentrations (BECs).
The NexION 5000 ICP-MS has been fitted with a range of new and proprietary technologies that together exceed conventional triple-quad abilities and redefine the expectations of the users.
- Four quadrupoles:
- First: Quadrupole Ion Deflector (Q0) guides the ions to the entrance of the initial mass filter
- Second: Transmission Analyzer Quadrupole 1 (Q1, full-sized for <0.7 amu mass resolution) serves as a mass filter or as an ion guide to send ions to the Quadrupole Universal Cell
- Third: Quadrupole Universal Cell (Q2) driven by dynamic bandpass tuning avoids side reactions with residual gases present in the cell
- Fourth: Transmission Analyzer Quadrupole 2 (Q3, full-sized for <0.7 amu mass resolution) serves as a mass filter or as an ion guide to send ions to the detector
- Extended Dynamic Range (EDR) boosts linear dynamic range to 1012, thus enabling to run both low and high concentration analytes in a single analytical run, which leads to fewer re-runs.
- Low maintenance ensures higher uptime:
- Triple Cone Interface with patent-pending OmniRing™ integrated with Quadrupole Ion Deflector avoid the need for maintenance over cones, thus ensuring enhanced stability and constant operation
- 34 MHz free-running RF generator provides easy user experience—the plasma is produced by the special LumiCoil™ RF load coil, which is air-cooled (avoids the need for gas or water cooling) and hence maintenance-free, thus avoiding the need to replace plasma load coils
- External status lighting offers simple visibility of the state of analysis, thus improving efficiencies
- Syngistix™ for ICP-MS software (v. 3.0 or higher) combines the power of the triple-quad ion optics with an easy-to-use workflow in an advanced user interface
- Certification of the feasibility to be upgraded to fulfill SEMI S2/S8 (emergency button) ensures simple integration in cleanroom facilities
|Product Brand Name