The LPC 500™ Liquid Particle Counter from PerkinElmer is a single particle optical sizing (SPOS) system that has been developed particularly for counting and sizing particles separately with high resolution.
The system requires only 4 mL of 10x diluted sample for in-service oil samples, thereby providing reproducible results between high- and low- viscosity samples. This also reduces solvent waste and washout requirements.
- The LPC 500 offers a sample-to-sample analysis time of approximately 45 seconds
- It exhibits the smallest footprint of any independent automated particle counter
- The system combines smoothly with ICP-OES for executing elemental analysis
- It requires below 1 mL of lubricant sample per analysis
The LPC 500 comprises three components: an optical sensor, a software controller and a multi-channel pulse analyzer (MPA). The product comes in two configurations:
- An independent LPC 500 is available for performing particle counting that delivers a sample-to-sample analysis time of 95 seconds, with the same reduced sample size and sample preparation. This feature has been regulated by an individual software package that allows extensive customizability of the particle counting parameters.
- The patent-pending option couples the LPC 500 counter with the Avio® 550 Max ICP-OES Oils system, thus facilitating the analysis of the same diluted sample for both wear metals and particle counting or sizing. Thus, two analyses can be performed in a single run. In addition to this, all features and data outputs for the LPC 500 system have been integrated into Syngistix™ for ICP software, thereby leveraging a single software platform for both analyses.
Source: PerkinElmer Food Safety and Quality